Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Krisflyer redemption - going from J to F / waitlist

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2016, 10:27 pm
Original Poster

I have been caught out before in that KF's systems don't necessarily work the way I think they work - so I would like to run this past you all before I book.

I currently have enough miles for a New Zealand to Europe one way Saver award in J. I expect to get the additional miles I need for F in the next three months or so, but I will not get the extra miles I need until after the redemption window opens up for the dates I want.

I was thinking of doing the following:

1. When the redemption window opens, book my confirmed J saver
2. When the additional miles hit my account, change my booking to F, assuming there is availability in F from Singapore to Europe. I am expecting there to be no confirmable availability in F from Auckland to Singapore because AKL is served by the 4-seat cabin 77WR over the Northern summer, which is when I am wanting to fly. Pay the offline change fee.
3. SQ will charge me the extra miles required for a NZ-EUR one way saver in F.
4. Confirm the SIN-EUR sector in F, and waitlist AKL-SIN in F (while holding on to AKL-SIN confirmed in J).

Will KF work the way in which I expect it to work?
Old Apr 27, 2016, 10:46 am

Yes this should work. When and if the nz-sin F availability opens, they may want to charge you a reissue fee again (since there is a change in class) though, but there should be no additional mileage collected.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.