Waitlist question

Subscribe
I have enough miles to book 2 Standard Business seats on SIN. The Standard is available but saver is Waitlisted. If I book the Standard, can I still waitlist for the saver or since all my points are used for the Standard I can't?
Also, I have waitlisted a couple First itineraries so would those be cancelled since I don't have the miles.

Thank you,
You may want to review this thread a bit further down the page:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singa...rds-clear.html

Based on my experience, if you are waitlisted, they do not actually book the other award.

I was confirmed in J on a future flight, but waitlisted for F. While it was "waiting", no miles were deducted.
I've been collating a lot of the tips and strategies here if you're interested to know more about waitlists.

For waitlists the miles are not deducted from your account so you can book as many of these as you wish. I have 12 waitlist for January next year as well as 1 confirmed award. All you need to do is book the waitlists first.
Best strategy call and call again. You will be surprised how different each phone agent can be. I had one agent tell me I can't have a confirm flight and waitlist on an alternate time schedule, then I called back and it was allowed. I also was able to "hold" a confirm seat until my miles are transferred. YMMV