Wiki Posts
Search

Weight concept OSL - AKL

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2016, 1:31 am
Original Poster

Weight concept OSL - AKL

Hello

I´m very confused about this weight vs piece concept on Singapore Air.

I´m flying OSL - AKL via LHR and SIN and this is where the weight concept applies.

Seeing how I have a Star Alliance gold status, I can have up to 50kg of checked luggage, but does this mean 50kg on one bag, or can this be split between several bags as long as the total weight on all bags doesn´t go over 50kg?
Old Feb 5, 2016, 5:41 am

Programs: KF
Originally Posted by sAmmm
Hello

I´m very confused about this weight vs piece concept on Singapore Air.

I´m flying OSL - AKL via LHR and SIN and this is where the weight concept applies.

Seeing how I have a Star Alliance gold status, I can have up to 50kg of checked luggage, but does this mean 50kg on one bag, or can this be split between several bags as long as the total weight on all bags doesn´t go over 50kg?
SQ has two types of luggage allowance, weight concept and by piece concept. Weight concept doesn't have a limit on number of bags or items as long as the total weight is 50Kgs ( in your case). Piece concept (for flights to/from USA/Brazil) allows you to just have two piece of luggage with each luggage having a mximum of 32kgs (for Brazil).This is specific for SQ .

Other airlines based on personal experience like MH have a specific restrictions. For Y pax, luggage allowance is 30Kgs but a maximum of 2 pieces only, so its like a combination of weight and piece concept..

I was on SQ flight and I checked in 8 items, (we buy special big pillows)

So yeah, you will be fine. But your iterinary says ur flying from OSL and connecting to LHR, ur OSL-LHR flight might have different restrictions
Old Feb 5, 2016, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wanderer9020
SQ has two types of luggage allowance, weight concept and by piece concept. Weight concept doesn't have a limit on number of bags or items as long as the total weight is 50Kgs ( in your case). Piece concept (for flights to/from USA/Brazil) allows you to just have two piece of luggage with each luggage having a mximum of 32kgs (for Brazil).This is specific for SQ .

Other airlines based on personal experience like MH have a specific restrictions. For Y pax, luggage allowance is 30Kgs but a maximum of 2 pieces only, so its like a combination of weight and piece concept..

I was on SQ flight and I checked in 8 items, (we buy special big pillows)

So yeah, you will be fine. But your iterinary says ur flying from OSL and connecting to LHR, ur OSL-LHR flight might have different restrictions
Alright, thanks alot for your answer! Yeah the weight concept applies to me so it´s reassuring to know that I am not limited to just only 1 bag.

The OSL - LHR on my itinerary just states that I can bring maximum of 50kg so it looks like the same weight concept applies I guess.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 12:28 pm

Also note that there is a 32kg limit per item.

http://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/tr...ge-allowances/
It's under baggage limitations.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 5:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kevinoh
Also note that there is a 32kg limit per item.

http://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/tr...ge-allowances/
It's under baggage limitations.
That´s great to know, not that I will exceed 32kg per bag seeing that it´s quite heavy for a single bag, but thank you for saying that!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.