Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Any advice welcomed: gaining (arrivals) lounge access @ Changi inbetween 2 SQ flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any advice welcomed: gaining (arrivals) lounge access @ Changi inbetween 2 SQ flights

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2015, 9:07 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
In any case you don't get any BP for your connecting flight, just show your itinerary at the SKL and they can print one for you.
Old Dec 20, 2015, 2:45 pm
Original Poster

Archieflyer/Fimo -- thanks very much again for the above.

HadesNL -- what is "SKL"? Thanks!
Old Dec 20, 2015, 7:41 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
SKL is Silver Kris Lounge
Old Dec 21, 2015, 1:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fimo
SKL is Silver Kris Lounge
Ah, the penny drops, Fimo -- thank you!
Old Apr 11, 2016, 9:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
At the risk of beating a dead horse, I'm flying Suites LAX-SIN arriving at 3am.

There are quite a few posts saying arriving passengers do not get access. However, is that "policy" or "experience" (or both)?
Old Apr 11, 2016, 10:14 pm
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by canadiancow

There are quite a few posts saying arriving passengers do not get access. However, is that "policy" or "experience" (or both)?
Policy

Lounge access
You can enjoy access to our lounges if you are our Suites, First or Business Class passenger, or PPS Club members departing on Singapore Airlines operated flights.
Solitaire PPS Club members enjoy additional exclusive privileges

Access to SilverKris Lounges Upon Arrival in Singapore
If you are arriving in Singapore on a Singapore Airlines or SilkAir flight, we welcome you to freshen up in the First Class area of the SilverKris Lounge in Changi Airport Terminal 2 or 3. You may invite a guest who is travelling with you on the same flight. Simply present your boarding pass and membership card to our staff.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 10:37 pm

Programs: QF LTG, VASG, NZ*S, OZD, IHG SpireAMB, HHD
Originally Posted by WLG Base
Policy
And in Singapore, if it's policy, it's carried out to the letter.

There's no such thing as "sure mate, you look like a nice guy, feel free to come in here for a while."
Old Apr 12, 2016, 2:33 am

If you hold an onward SQ boarding pass in any class you will be granted access. No Private Room for you at that time as it'll be closed but the other lounges will be open.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 12:16 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Phaze
If you hold an onward SQ boarding pass in any class you will be granted access. No Private Room for you at that time as it'll be closed but the other lounges will be open.
Any cheap flights out of SIN?
Old Apr 12, 2016, 8:44 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
SIN-KUL sometimes goes for under s$200. Would have to camp in TPR and eat and drink a ton of food/booze to make up for that though :P
Old Apr 12, 2016, 11:17 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Might be cheaper to pay for lounge access somewhere, or just pay for a hotel room from the night before
Old Apr 12, 2016, 11:22 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by lokijuh
Might be cheaper to pay for lounge access somewhere, or just pay for a hotel room from the night before
There are a bunch of PP lounges at SIN in addition to the transit hotels (airside) and the Crowne Plaza (landside but right at the airport).
Old Apr 13, 2016, 6:02 am

Programs: QF SQ VA CX DL UA PR MH MU
SQ R and F pax arr into SIN can indeed enjoy arr access into TPR, F or J lounges. This is not a published benefit but is indeed an unpublished benefit. I have had this clealy spelt out to me by SKL Manager - just front up with your BP and you will be accommodated.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 6:22 am

Only if you hold an onward SQ boarding pass, as mentioned. Terminating passengers do not have access.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 4:55 pm

Programs: QF SQ VA CX DL UA PR MH MU
Originally Posted by Phaze
Only if you hold an onward SQ boarding pass, as mentioned. Terminating passengers do not have access.
Phaze that is not correct - there are a number of scenarios whereby arr access for R or F pax is available - most basic one is where terminating pax with early arr into SIN so would render them too early for hotel check in in SIN - absolutely no problems for these pax to enjoy TPR access without question.

Again this is an unpublished benefit - not listed in Ts & Cs but readily available. I will be in TPR Mon morn I will seek out lounge m/ment and get full list of unpublished access scenarios.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.