Experiencing Suites for a first timer

Old Nov 23, 2015, 12:41 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
Agree. TPR is nothing special. Some items are better than those found in the F and J lounges some worse.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 8:54 pm

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
Tagging onto an existing thread; I got hit with a (targeted?) offer to upgrade a J class fare to suites which I jumped at, I'm flying SQ232 SYD-SIN tomorrow in suites class (can't freaking wait).

I've read a bunch of reviews and seen a bunch of videos - I know SQ give amenity kits and PJs which are at least featured in most of these.

While I don't need them flying over (really), I'd like PJs on my return (J) trip, which is on a redeye.

Does anyone know if they give out / offer PJs and amenity kits to people on the lunchtime SQ232 service? If not, I'll just BYO for my return trip.

Otherwise is there anything else that I need to know/do/prepare for?
Old Mar 16, 2016, 1:03 am

Originally Posted by pythonisman
Tagging onto an existing thread; I got hit with a (targeted?) offer to upgrade a J class fare to suites which I jumped at, I'm flying SQ232 SYD-SIN tomorrow in suites class (can't freaking wait).

I've read a bunch of reviews and seen a bunch of videos - I know SQ give amenity kits and PJs which are at least featured in most of these.

While I don't need them flying over (really), I'd like PJs on my return (J) trip, which is on a redeye.

Does anyone know if they give out / offer PJs and amenity kits to people on the lunchtime SQ232 service? If not, I'll just BYO for my return trip.

Welcome to FT pythonisman. You should be good for PJs on the outbound suites class flight.

Enjoy!
Old Mar 16, 2016, 1:45 am

Originally Posted by OnTheCentreline
Welcome to FT pythonisman. You should be good for PJs on the outbound suites class flight.

Enjoy!
Excellent - thanks for that!
I was thinking of calling SQ and asking the question if I didn't get a positive response here.
I guess worst case if I don't I can pick something up on my trip away to use

Can't wait!
Old Mar 16, 2016, 2:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
I was thinking of calling SQ and asking the question if I didn't get a positive response here.
I can't think of an instance where an airline's call centre would know more than the vast experience of members here on FT.
Old Mar 16, 2016, 2:24 am

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
I can't think of an instance where an airline's call centre would know more than the vast experience of members here on FT.
:-D
To be really clear I meant "if no one replied" not if people on here weren't sure.

Need to go home, pack, and then work out how to try and sleep tonight with such an experience just round the corner. I love SQ's J product (I'm one of those), and QF's '380 F seat was outstanding, though when I flew it I had a nasty head cold so I didn't explore the wine list as much as I wanted to.

Not sure if I'll be able to sleep tonight in anticipation!
Old Mar 16, 2016, 3:59 am

Programs: AY Platinum, UA Premier Platinum, OneWorld Emerald, VA Platinum
Envious pythonisman. I hope you have a great experience.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold

Perhaps it's too late since the flight is tomorrow, but as you may already know you can do the Book the Cook option.

For pre-flight (and of course, in-flight) drinks, you can choose between Dom Perignon and Krug. I suggest you try both to see which you prefer.

If you haven't just chosen a seat, go for a window for the view. I'd suggest row 2 as the most private, but really that's just a very subjective and minor preference.

Have a great trip!

Last edited by Thunderroad; Mar 17, 2016 at 10:09 am
Old Mar 18, 2016, 11:18 pm

Thanks all for the advice. My flight was outstanding. Definitely the best I've had. I wish it was twice as long. I have a trip report written and will post shortly
Old Mar 19, 2016, 10:35 pm

Thanks all for the advice. My flight was outstanding. Definitely the best I've had. I wish it was twice as long. I have a trip report written and will post shortly
Glad it worked out well for you. Hopefully, it won't be the only time you experience suites class! (Oh, and the PJs are a nice keepsake.)

We look forward to your TR.
Old Mar 20, 2016, 10:47 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by OnTheCentreline
Oh, and the PJs are a nice keepsake.
I bring & use the PJ's for sleeping in hotels during winter travel
Old Apr 14, 2016, 11:15 am

Programs: Marco Polo Silver, Krisflyer Gold, SPG
How likely am I to clear SIN-AKL waitlist?

Originally Posted by im.daniel
How about HKG-SIN-AKL? Longer flight, and availability on the Auckland route, if booked at the right time (Southern Hemisphere Summer), is usually more widely available on the A380!

Plus, NZ is stunning!
I'm waitlisted on SQ Suites, SIN-AKL, for 05 Dec & 06 Dec. 1) Is it a popular/busy route? 2) How likely am I to clear the waitlist?
Old Apr 14, 2016, 6:56 pm
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by DilbertOh
I'm waitlisted on SQ Suites, SIN-AKL, for 05 Dec & 06 Dec. 1) Is it a popular/busy route? 2) How likely am I to clear the waitlist?
Welcome to FT DilbertOh.

SQ use A380 on the route during NZ Summer time and 77W the rest of the year.

My recent experience. In December 2015 my flight AKL-SIN had two in Suites with the rest of the aircraft full. In January 2016 my flight SIN-AKL had four in Suites (including one op-up from J) with the rest of the aircraft full. These were both redemption flights for me.

I would expect your waitlist for Suites to clear.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 6:19 pm

Programs: SQ QPP1, HYATT DIA, SPG GOLD, HH GOLD, IHG GOLD
Originally Posted by DilbertOh
I was wait-listed for quite some time last year for SIN-AKL on Suites. Had to chase after it by calling the agent 2 times. Eventually, I was given the Suites Saver

Have been having Suites for the past 2 years for SIN-AKL.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 4:40 pm

Programs: Marco Polo Silver, Krisflyer Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by MilesBuzz
I was wait-listed for quite some time last year for SIN-AKL on Suites. Had to chase after it by calling the agent 2 times. Eventually, I was given the Suites Saver

Have been having Suites for the past 2 years for SIN-AKL.
How many weeks prior to departure did your waitlist clear?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.