Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Krisflyer Award Ticket with LH F Segment During Strike

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2015, 6:02 pm
Original Poster

Hello,

next month I was planning on perhaps changing my FRA-JFK F ticket on SQ to LH when it becomes available. However, with all these LH strikes that have been going on I am not too sure of the stability o the airline. I wanted to try LH F for the first time and the FCT. My general question is in these situations how does SQ re-accommodate passengers in these circumstances? For example can they put me on any carrier of my choice in F? How would this work? That would be no bueno if they put me on UA for example and I had no choice in the matter.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 6:07 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by ASUDan130
Hello,

next month I was planning on perhaps changing my FRA-JFK F ticket on SQ to LH when it becomes available. However, with all these LH strikes that have been going on I am not too sure of the stability o the airline. I wanted to try LH F for the first time and the FCT. My general question is in these situations how does SQ re-accommodate passengers in these circumstances? For example can they put me on any carrier of my choice in F? How would this work? That would be no bueno if they put me on UA for example and I had no choice in the matter.
In a strike situation there are usually many affected flights so may not have much choice in how you get accommodated (assuming a straight cancellation and refund of your ticket isn't acceptable).
Old Nov 14, 2015, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
In a strike situation there are usually many affected flights so may not have much choice in how you get accommodated (assuming a straight cancellation and refund of your ticket isn't acceptable).
I was affected by the strike last week. I had CPH-FRA-SIN. The CPH-FRA was on Lufhansa as there was no CPH-SIN flight on that day. Most of my friends who 'leave it to SQ/LH' to fix, get a different day ticket or strange routing to other cities. One going from CPH to San Paolo, get downgraded from J to Y on all legs.

I called SQ and told them that I need my CPH-FRA to be changed from LH to SAS. First response that I get: 1) We didn't know your flight was cancelled, 2) Your flight isn't eligible for rebooking with SAS on CPH-FRA leg. My response was: 1) It is situation that require change due to strike, 2) I'm on J class, there must be something can be done including downgrade to Y.

After some assertive discussion, they changed by CPH-FRA with LH on J to SAS on C (economy but front row). I get to return just fine from FRA-SIN. I was a *G at the point of call. I wonder if they would do it differently for PPS or lower tier.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 12:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Its usually the airline that is causing the pain will do your rerouting for you... eg LH. When I had a BD issued award ticket on LH, eg AMS-FRA-YVR a few years ago and that was when Northern Europe had that dreadful snowstorm.. LH simply rebooked everyone... I had mine rebooked as a revenue booking, AMS-YYZ on KLM, and YYZ-YVR on AC. Got miles for both sectors too!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.