Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Book The Cook First Class Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2015, 2:45 pm
Original Poster

Book The Cook First Class Suggestions

Will be flying SFO-ICN, ICN-SIN, SIN-HK, HK-SFO all in first class, 777-300ER. Except the SIN-HK leg is in A380 Suites.
This would be my first ever experience in SQ first class, so I would like to maximize the experience, and book the cook program is really new to me and I don't know a thing about it. So I really appreciate any advice on what is the best food to get to maximize my first experience.
Below are the list of the option that I see when I go to my Krisflyer account:

1. 5 oz rib eye steak
2. Beef bulgogi
3. Boston lobster thermidor
4. Braised quail and noodles
5. Chicked breast stuffed with chorizo
6. Jumbo scallops
7. Nigiri sushi
8. Red curry chicken
9. Roasted chilean bass
10. Seafood rice noodle soup
11. Steamed sole wrapped in ham
12. Veal chop sauteed with wild mushroom

Although it shows 12 kind of various dishes, I heard that we only can book 1 dish for each lunch and dinner, is that true? Since my flight out from SFO is at noon, there will be lunch and dinner. But why I don't see the famous "Satay" service in the menu? btw my flight is SQ15 outbound SFO-ICN-SIN, SQ860 SIN-HKG and SQ2 inbound HKG-SFO.
Can I choose one and then after finished it I asked the FA for another different dishes in the Book the Cook menu? and is it different with regular lunch and dinner menu?

Also, since SIN-HK would be my only flight in Suites and my first time (I have been searching for Suites availability for long leg like LAX-NRT but it was really hard to find availability nowadays), and the flight is only 4 hours long, do you think it's appropriate if I ask the FA of I can try the famous double bed during those short period of flight time?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by joykid; Sep 19, 2015 at 2:59 pm
Old Sep 19, 2015, 3:27 pm

Let me start with telling you I just got off my first ever Suites flight and it was the most amazing experience of my life! For the food, they did ask us when taking orders if we wanted the Book the Cook we already reserved or if we wanted to switch to one of the menu choices. Don't know if you could switch after having it served though. But trust me, after the 8 courses they give you, you won't need a second entree. My favorite was the 5 spice Chilean sea bass thought the lobster was also great. My friend had the veal chop which was delicious as well. So really, you probably can't go wrong.
Old Sep 19, 2015, 6:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Merlinrnr
Let me start with telling you I just got off my first ever Suites flight and it was the most amazing experience of my life! For the food, they did ask us when taking orders if we wanted the Book the Cook we already reserved or if we wanted to switch to one of the menu choices. Don't know if you could switch after having it served though. But trust me, after the 8 courses they give you, you won't need a second entree. My favorite was the 5 spice Chilean sea bass thought the lobster was also great. My friend had the veal chop which was delicious as well. So really, you probably can't go wrong.
Hey lucky you! 8 hours in Suites! I only have 4 hours in Suite for my SIN-HKG leg only. The rest are in 777-300ER so usual First cabin. I hope it would be as amazing as Suites.
Lobster thermidor and Chilean bass then. Ahhhh if I choose Lobster for lunch and Chilean bass for dinner then can I ask them for veal chop later ? haha I hope they will allow me.
Also did you experience the famous double bed in the sky? I wonder if they allow me to try the double bed in such a short 4 hours flight....hmmmm
Old Sep 19, 2015, 6:24 pm

Yes, you can only book the cook for one dish for each meal. Satay service is like an appetizer, hence not shown in the BTC menu. Note: satay is only served for brunch, Lunch and dinner timings. If passengers loads are low and they have extra, you may order additional entrees off the menu. But do realise that a full course meal in SQ F is 6-7 items and I'm usually full at the end.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your flight in F!
As for the double bed, yes you can ask for it. I did that for my SIN-HKG leg. For the double bed, Seat 2C-2D or 3C-3D must be free.
Old Sep 19, 2015, 7:32 pm
Suspended

will be taking SQ15 in november

booked these for my trip

LUNCH : 5 oz rib eye steak
DINNER : Roasted chilean bass
DINNER : Herb mustard crusted lamb loin

and these for my wife

LUNCH : Jumbo scallops
DINNER : Braised quail and noodles
DINNER : Samgyetang

Will be taking SQ26 in Suites to USA but it is only a Supper, Breakfast and Brunch service
Old Sep 19, 2015, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by joykid
Will be flying SFO-ICN, ICN-SIN, SIN-HK, HK-SFO all in first class, 777-300ER. Except the SIN-HK leg is in A380 Suites.
This would be my first ever experience in SQ first class, so I would like to maximize the experience, and book the cook program is really new to me and I don't know a thing about it. So I really appreciate any advice on what is the best food to get to maximize my first experience.
Below are the list of the option that I see when I go to my Krisflyer account:

1. 5 oz rib eye steak
2. Beef bulgogi
3. Boston lobster thermidor
4. Braised quail and noodles
5. Chicked breast stuffed with chorizo
6. Jumbo scallops
7. Nigiri sushi
8. Red curry chicken
9. Roasted chilean bass
10. Seafood rice noodle soup
11. Steamed sole wrapped in ham
12. Veal chop sauteed with wild mushroom

Although it shows 12 kind of various dishes, I heard that we only can book 1 dish for each lunch and dinner, is that true? Since my flight out from SFO is at noon, there will be lunch and dinner. But why I don't see the famous "Satay" service in the menu? btw my flight is SQ15 outbound SFO-ICN-SIN, SQ860 SIN-HKG and SQ2 inbound HKG-SFO.
Can I choose one and then after finished it I asked the FA for another different dishes in the Book the Cook menu? and is it different with regular lunch and dinner menu?

Also, since SIN-HK would be my only flight in Suites and my first time (I have been searching for Suites availability for long leg like LAX-NRT but it was really hard to find availability nowadays), and the flight is only 4 hours long, do you think it's appropriate if I ask the FA of I can try the famous double bed during those short period of flight time?

Thanks in advance.

We're from SFO and flew the exact same route out and back but we were J SFO-ICN- SIN and F SIN-HKG-SFO, suites SIN-HKG leg.

We did book the cook on all legs and on J they did not ask if we wanted to select from the regular menu but on F, they did ask if we'd like our BTC option or order from menu instead.

On the ICN-SIN leg, there was satay service in J but none on SFO-ICN leg, not sure why but there is so much food that it was not missed. On SQ 860, no caviar or satay but there was soup option after appetizer.

I don't believe they carry all BTC entree options on he flight but only load what was selected by the passenger and the regular meals. Therefore, you can't just ask to try other meals but I think you can ask to try one from the regular menu after your BTC.

Although SIN-HKG was short flight, they offered to make double bed for us in row 2 as the other two passengers were seated row 1 window each. It was really nice as we had time to eat and then nap in our beds for the remainder of our flight. We did ask the flight attendant shortly after boarding if we could get a tour of the A380 since it was our first time flying on one. They gave us a quick tour before take off which allowed us more time to enjoy our suite beds. Also, the flight attendant gave us a pair of SQ bears after they saw that I was traveling with our company's plush dog.

Enjoy the flights. We certainly did and it really made traveling to Bali and back more fun!
Old Sep 19, 2015, 11:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ticktock83
Yes, you can only book the cook for one dish for each meal. Satay service is like an appetizer, hence not shown in the BTC menu. Note: satay is only served for brunch, Lunch and dinner timings. If passengers loads are low and they have extra, you may order additional entrees off the menu. But do realise that a full course meal in SQ F is 6-7 items and I'm usually full at the end.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your flight in F!
As for the double bed, yes you can ask for it. I did that for my SIN-HKG leg. For the double bed, Seat 2C-2D or 3C-3D must be free.
So that's why satay is not listed...because it's a part of the full course and it's an appetizer! I am glad to hear that. Wow! 6-7 items in one order, that's a lot!
And I am really excited about the double bed! how did you ask the FA , what did you say to them to ask about the possibility on trying double bed? I am not really good at asking. Thanks a lot.
Old Sep 19, 2015, 11:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TTOTY
will be taking SQ15 in november

booked these for my trip

LUNCH : 5 oz rib eye steak
DINNER : Roasted chilean bass
DINNER : Herb mustard crusted lamb loin

and these for my wife

LUNCH : Jumbo scallops
DINNER : Braised quail and noodles
DINNER : Samgyetang

Will be taking SQ26 in Suites to USA but it is only a Supper, Breakfast and Brunch service
Hey I also will fly on Nov! maybe we will be on same flight? lol
Your choice of BTC are really good! but why no lobster thermidor?
SQ26 from NRT to LAX? Suites are always better than regular SQ F, right? lucky you can found award space availability! I couldn't find it
Old Sep 19, 2015, 11:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Karenkylo
We're from SFO and flew the exact same route out and back but we were J SFO-ICN- SIN and F SIN-HKG-SFO, suites SIN-HKG leg.

We did book the cook on all legs and on J they did not ask if we wanted to select from the regular menu but on F, they did ask if we'd like our BTC option or order from menu instead.

On the ICN-SIN leg, there was satay service in J but none on SFO-ICN leg, not sure why but there is so much food that it was not missed. On SQ 860, no caviar or satay but there was soup option after appetizer.

I don't believe they carry all BTC entree options on he flight but only load what was selected by the passenger and the regular meals. Therefore, you can't just ask to try other meals but I think you can ask to try one from the regular menu after your BTC.

Although SIN-HKG was short flight, they offered to make double bed for us in row 2 as the other two passengers were seated row 1 window each. It was really nice as we had time to eat and then nap in our beds for the remainder of our flight. We did ask the flight attendant shortly after boarding if we could get a tour of the A380 since it was our first time flying on one. They gave us a quick tour before take off which allowed us more time to enjoy our suite beds. Also, the flight attendant gave us a pair of SQ bears after they saw that I was traveling with our company's plush dog.

Enjoy the flights. We certainly did and it really made traveling to Bali and back more fun!
Hi Karenkylo, wow...you have same routes as me!
thanks for sharing your fabulous experience and I hope you had fun in Bali! Did you try to eat seafood at open air restaurant by the Jimbaran Beach and go to Ubud?

Ok I will try to put my order for BTC via online before my flight. I am thinking lobster thermidor is the must since I've heard a lot of good reviews about it. What did you choose for your BTC? and what was your favorite dishes in F?
So you booked 2 separate awards? outbound in J and inbound in F? if that's the case, won't it be costing more miles......and where did you stopover at? I will stopover in Korea as I get free stopover from booking RT in F.

So in your SIN-HK leg, the FA offered to make the double bed for you without you asking them? that's very lucky! I hope I don't get the weird look or awkward gesture from them if I told them that I want to try the double bed. Since I am a single guy traveling alone, would that might be considered weird ? But I really want to try that double beds and take a picture of me laying down on it.....it would be awesome memories!
I also want the cute SQ bears too! how to ask them? I saw the picture of them at OMAAT website, they are very cute and I love it!
Old Sep 20, 2015, 12:22 am
Suspended

Hey I also will fly on Nov! maybe we will be on same flight? lol
Your choice of BTC are really good! but why no lobster thermidor?
SQ26 from NRT to LAX? Suites are always better than regular SQ F, right? lucky you can found award space availability! I couldn't find it
nice to know that you are flying in november too .. are you traveling alone? coz for my flight - one other seat has been occupied (besides my wife and I) :P

am still thinking of the lobster thermidor vs my existing choice of chilean bass

booked lobster for my trip on Sq26 though (its sin-fra-jfk) - my luck with SQ lobster hasn't been that great.. both times i tried, the lobster was tough and chewy
Old Sep 20, 2015, 2:24 am

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
There's a 23-page BTC thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singa...thread-23.html

FWIW in early Oct my wife and I are flying SIN NRT and have a lobster thermidor + kyo kaiseki BTC'ed.
Old Sep 20, 2015, 8:20 pm

Hi Karenkylo, wow...you have same routes as me!
thanks for sharing your fabulous experience and I hope you had fun in Bali! Did you try to eat seafood at open air restaurant by the Jimbaran Beach and go to Ubud?

Ok I will try to put my order for BTC via online before my flight. I am thinking lobster thermidor is the must since I've heard a lot of good reviews about it. What did you choose for your BTC? and what was your favorite dishes in F?
So you booked 2 separate awards? outbound in J and inbound in F? if that's the case, won't it be costing more miles......and where did you stopover at? I will stopover in Korea as I get free stopover from booking RT in F.

So in your SIN-HK leg, the FA offered to make the double bed for you without you asking them? that's very lucky! I hope I don't get the weird look or awkward gesture from them if I told them that I want to try the double bed. Since I am a single guy traveling alone, would that might be considered weird ? But I really want to try that double beds and take a picture of me laying down on it.....it would be awesome memories!
I also want the cute SQ bears too! how to ask them? I saw the picture of them at OMAAT website, they are very cute and I love it!
We split our time between Nusa Dua and Ubud and got to enjoy the beachside resorts as well as the hustle, bustle of Monkey Forest Rd.

We stopped over in Singapore on the way back.

I told the FA upon boarding that it was our first time on the A380 and chatted a bit with them. I think they fully expect to make beds even on the short flight for passengers flying in suites. In fact, while chatting they offered to make our beds after our meal and we just agreed. It was an early morning flight so we were falling asleep in our chairs shortly after take off.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.