Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 14, 2016, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
The Private Room is only for those departing and connecting to SQ F class.
The First Class lounge is for those connecting from First Class on Singapore Airlines, those flying First Class on Star Alliance partners, PPS members, etc.
You are allowed one guest into the first class lounge as a First Class passenger, but not into the Private room itself.

FAQ:
Q1: Hi, is there an official site with access rules for the TPR?
A1: There’s no official site other than stating the Private Room is for SQ F.

Q2: I'm flying XXX - SIN in First class and then SIN - YYY in Business/Economy class. Will I have access to TPR based on my inbound First class ticket?
A2: The ability to use TPR on arrival, and when connecting between flights is unpublished, but was mentioned in a Q&A session with Singapore airlines in 2017.
Just show your inbound boarding pass and be departing same day, or overnight, and you’ll be welcomed in.
So do not throw out your inbound boarding pass!

Q3: Where is The Private Room located?
A3: Terminal Three, After Customs & Immigration, Level 3 Near to Gates A. It is accessed which through the main SilverKris Lounge.

Q4: When is it open?
A4: It is open whole day, except for a brief closure from 0230 - 0530 hours.

Q5: Is it open to other first class passengers?
A5: Passengers traveling in First Class on Star Alliance partner airlines, such as Lufthansa to Frankfurt, SWISS to Zurich (or the now discontinued United to Hong Kong/ ANA to Tokyo) are not permitted to use this lounge.
Print Wikipost

SIN Private Room Access

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2015, 9:57 am
Original Poster

SIN Private Room Access

Hi All,

My wife and I are on Suites class from JFK-SIN, with a 3:50 layover before heading on to PEN in business class on silk air. I have read mixed experiences regarding getting into the Private Room at Changi if arriving in Suites versus leaving in Suites. People have commented that you can only get into the Private Room if you're leaving that day in Suites class. Since our connecting flight to PEN doesn't have suites or first class, will I be able to use my arriving Suites class tickets to get into the private room, or will we have to go to the business lounge?
Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by JT00SWIM
Hi All,

My wife and I are on Suites class from JFK-SIN, with a 3:50 layover before heading on to PEN in business class on silk air. I have read mixed experiences regarding getting into the Private Room at Changi if arriving in Suites versus leaving in Suites. People have commented that you can only get into the Private Room if you're leaving that day in Suites class. Since our connecting flight to PEN doesn't have suites or first class, will I be able to use my arriving Suites class tickets to get into the private room, or will we have to go to the business lounge?
Yes you can access the private room during your 3:50 layover. Ive got email confirmation from them.

Otherwise, my article not so long ago also lists out the entire lounge access rules for SQ lounges at changi.

Secnario A

A Passenger boards SQ232 from Sydney to Singapore in Suites. He has a connecting flight to London booked on a separate ticket in Economy Class within 6 hours on SQ306. He does not have any status on SQ or any star alliance airline. What lounge will he be entitled to in Singapore and why is it the case?

SQ Rep: The passenger will be entitled to The Private Room Access in Singapore on virtue of the inbound flight in Suites on SQ232. Onward flight in this case does not matter as the highest class of service on the day is Suites and the lounge access is as specified.
http://dossierluxus.com/singapore-ai...les-clarified/
Old Sep 1, 2015, 6:36 am

Programs: VA Plat QF Silv
travelled suites into Sin from Hkg connecting flight to Mel in F and was able to access Private Room, was given invite card at checkin Airport Express HK^. Wished I ate at the Private Room as the food was not fantastic onboard and took a very long time to serve which meant less sleep time
Old Sep 1, 2015, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by CorporateFlyer
travelled suites into Sin from Hkg connecting flight to Mel in F and was able to access Private Room
Well... yes, of course you did. This is standard lounge access policy.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 5:16 pm

Programs: PLAT -- 2.7Million
I have an 0845 departure F Suites SIN-PEK.
Will I be able to enter the PRivate Room if I check-in at, say 0100?
Old Sep 3, 2015, 8:14 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by AAJetMan
I have an 0845 departure F Suites SIN-PEK.
Will I be able to enter the Private Room if I check-in at, say 0100?
I vaguely recall reading somewhere that Private Room is closed for a few hours overnight (early hours of the morning) -- no idea if that is true.

What I've also read multiple times elsewhere (and is what I plan to do next month for my upcoming SIN-NRT) is check in the night before, visit the Private Room for dinner, go home and sleep and then the next morning use the Private Room for breakfast
wavery83 likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 10:27 pm

I've heard of people doing that with no issues.

Regarding TPR closing for a few hours overnight, I've never heard of it or experienced it before but it could well be true. Can anyone confirm this?
Old Sep 4, 2015, 3:31 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, SQ Krisflyer
Originally Posted by shuigao
What I've also read multiple times elsewhere (and is what I plan to do next month for my upcoming SIN-NRT) is check in the night before, visit the Private Room for dinner, go home and sleep and then the next morning use the Private Room for breakfast
You might face some problem with immigration while trying to exit the airport.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 3:35 am

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by tango3
You might face some problem with immigration while trying to exit the airport.
I'm going to risk it. It's worth it (IMO) to have access to Private Room for dinner AND breakfast

In about a month's time I'll report back here with my success (or lack thereof). Or if you don't hear from me then maybe I'm sitting in a jail somewhere with no access to FT.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 8:56 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, CX MPO DM
I'm going to risk it. It's worth it (IMO) to have access to Private Room for dinner AND breakfast

In about a month's time I'll report back here with my success (or lack thereof). Or if you don't hear from me then maybe I'm sitting in a jail somewhere with no access to FT.
How about staying in the transit hotel - it's risk free, and you can visit TPR as many times as you wish
Old Sep 4, 2015, 8:57 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, CX MPO DM
I have another hypothetical scenario:

XXX-SIN on F followed by SIN-XXX on J (both on one ticket). However they are on separate days (i.e. stopover). Would the pax be allowed in TPR right after the NRT-SIN leg, and just before the SIN-KUL leg?
Old Sep 4, 2015, 9:48 am

I read one of Savage25's posts where managed it. Isn't difficult at Changi anyway.

Originally Posted by landingpoint
I have another hypothetical scenario:

XXX-SIN on F followed by SIN-XXX on J (both on one ticket). However they are on separate days (i.e. stopover). Would the pax be allowed in TPR right after the NRT-SIN leg, and just before the SIN-KUL leg?
On arrival, yes. Before your J flight, no.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 12:19 pm

Programs: amex platinum, american advantage, united, ANA, JAP. SPG, marriott
I thought there was no access to TPR on arrival.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 12:53 pm

In landingpoint's scenario the second sector is on another day so it may not work, but usually if you're inbound suites and connecting any class, show your Suites boarding pass and they should let you in.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 3:53 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
I vaguely recall reading somewhere that Private Room is closed for a few hours overnight (early hours of the morning) -- no idea if that is true.
Yes The Private Room is closed in the early hours of the morning. The F & J lounges however are open 24/7.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.