Old Dec 14, 2016, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
The Private Room is only for those departing and connecting to SQ F class.
The First Class lounge is for those connecting from First Class on Singapore Airlines, those flying First Class on Star Alliance partners, PPS members, etc.
You are allowed one guest into the first class lounge as a First Class passenger, but not into the Private room itself.

FAQ:
Q1: Hi, is there an official site with access rules for the TPR?
A1: Theres no official site other than stating the Private Room is for SQ F.

Q2: I'm flying XXX - SIN in First class and then SIN - YYY in Business/Economy class. Will I have access to TPR based on my inbound First class ticket?
A2: The ability to use TPR on arrival, and when connecting between flights is unpublished, but was mentioned in a Q&A session with Singapore airlines in 2017.
Just show your inbound boarding pass and be departing same day, or overnight, and youll be welcomed in.
So do not throw out your inbound boarding pass!

Q3: Where is The Private Room located?
A3: Terminal Three, After Customs & Immigration, Level 3 Near to Gates A. It is accessed which through the main SilverKris Lounge.

Q4: When is it open?
A4: It is open whole day, except for a brief closure from 0230 - 0530 hours.

Q5: Is it open to other first class passengers?
A5: Passengers traveling in First Class on Star Alliance partner airlines, such as Lufthansa to Frankfurt, SWISS to Zurich (or the now discontinued United to Hong Kong/ ANA to Tokyo) are not permitted to use this lounge.
Print Wikipost

SIN Private Room Access

Old Sep 26, 2015, 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by shuigao
I'm going to risk it. It's worth it (IMO) to have access to Private Room for dinner AND breakfast

In about a month's time I'll report back here with my success (or lack thereof). Or if you don't hear from me then maybe I'm sitting in a jail somewhere with no access to FT.
Just a heads up from SPF.

CRIME ADVISORY - MISUSE OF BOARDING PASS IS AN OFFENCE

Since January 2015, 9 cases of Misuse of Boarding Pass have been reported at the Changi Airport and 13 persons have been arrested in connection to offences under the Protected Areas and Protected Places Act.

The transit areas of Changi Airport are gazetted as Protected Places. Police would like to remind all passengers who enter the transit hall with a boarding pass should only be there for the purpose of travelling to their next destinations. Those who abuse their boarding pass to enter the transit areas to meet friends and/or celebrities, with no intention to proceed to their next destination, are liable for an offence under the Protected Areas and Protected Places Act. The offender may be prosecuted in Court and shall be liable on conviction to a fine of $1,000 or to imprisonment for a term of 2 years or to both.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 4:24 am

Programs: LH Senator ★
I will be flying AKL-SIN-FRA with AKL-SIN operated by SQ F, but sold as LH codeshare. SIN-FRA is LH F sold and operated.

I have a 4 hour layover.

a) Can I access Private Room?
b) It appears that my flights are in Terminal 2, so I would have to transfer to Terminal 3 to visit Private Room. Is this doable in the 4 hours?
Old Sep 29, 2015, 9:48 am

a) Yes, you can.
b) Yes, airside terminal transfers take but a few minutes at Changi.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 12:13 pm
HB7

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
SIN Private Room Access

I'm not 100% sure - but isn't TPR access strictly for those flying in F on SQ only? I'm quite sure flying LH you would not be allowed to enter TPR....
Old Sep 29, 2015, 12:30 pm

Programs: LH Senator ★
Well, I will be arriving in F on SQ. (Just my ticket is issued on LH code, but I will be sitting on a SQ 772W)
Old Sep 29, 2015, 3:16 pm
HB7

SIN Private Room Access

All that matters is your flight out of Singapore - and it doesn't matter what is coded - it must be an SQ flight and a seat in F - but once again I am not 100% certain on.

The other thing worth mentioning is that there is actually 2 star alliance first class lounges at Changi - which is why I'm pretty sure TPR is exclusively for SQ F.

Like I said previously I could be wrong and if I am I hope someone corrects me.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 4:22 pm

Sorry, I misread your second leg as LH codeshare. You won't have access as you need to be on SQ metal. You'll have access to the first lounge.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 4:49 pm

Arriving SQ F from SYD>SIN in B77W, connecting in LH F.
No TPR access, right?
Old Sep 29, 2015, 4:53 pm
HB7

Originally Posted by kacheng
No TPR access, right?
Nope. Access to TPR is only via flying F on SQ metal
Old Sep 29, 2015, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by HB7
I will survive, thanks
Old Oct 1, 2015, 12:45 am

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by feizhu
Just a heads up from SPF.
Just FYI, I sent a mail to SPF specifically asking about entering the night before to use private room then exiting ... and their reply:

Dear Mr shuigao,

We refer to your query dated 28 September 2015.

2. Passengers who have a valid reason not to board their flight after entering the transit area are to inform the airlines and the immigration officer at the arrival immigration. Police will then assess based on the reason provided. However, passengers who were found to have conducted any activity which may be deemed as an act of misuse of the boarding pass while in transit area, will be subjected to police investigation and may be liable for an offence under the Protected Areas and Protected Places Act.
Too ambigious for me so I'm gonna just book the transit hotel.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 3:28 am

Originally Posted by HB7
All that matters is your flight out of Singapore - and it doesn't matter what is coded - it must be an SQ flight and a seat in F - but once again I am not 100% certain on.

The other thing worth mentioning is that there is actually 2 star alliance first class lounges at Changi - which is why I'm pretty sure TPR is exclusively for SQ F.

Like I said previously I could be wrong and if I am I hope someone corrects me.
Originally Posted by kacheng
No TPR access, right?
Originally Posted by HB7
It seems i'll have to reference my site again for this point:

Secnario A

A Passenger boards SQ232 from Sydney to Singapore in Suites. He has a connecting flight to London booked on a separate ticket in Economy Class within 6 hours on SQ306. He does not have any status on SQ or any star alliance airline. What lounge will he be entitled to in Singapore and why is it the case?

SQ Rep: The passenger will be entitled to The Private Room Access in Singapore on virtue of the inbound flight in Suites on SQ232. Onward flight in this case does not matter as the highest class of service on the day is Suites and the lounge access is as specified.
Doesn't matter about the continuing airline, if you're with SQ in F on that day transiting to another airline, you will be able to access TPR. When you access the SQ SKL F lounge, show them the incoming F BP and they will direct you to the TPR.

http://dossierluxus.com/singapore-ai...les-clarified/
Old Oct 1, 2015, 4:23 am

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by lowjhg
A Passenger boards SQ232 from Sydney to Singapore in Suites. He has a connecting flight to London booked on a separate ticket in Economy Class within 6 hours on SQ306.

Doesn't matter about the continuing airline
The key difference in this case is that kacheng's onward flight is on LH (and not SQ). Your quote from the SQ rep shows TPR access is granted on an onward SQ flight; To me it is not entirely a given to conclude that it also extends to "any airline."

Last edited by shuigao; Oct 1, 2015 at 5:25 am
Old Oct 1, 2015, 4:36 am

Programs: CX,SQ,PR,QR
I understand that you can access the Private Room when connecting F or Suites to J.

What if you're flying MNL-SIN (shorthaul F), then connecting to KUL in J the next day - with the flight sold as a connecting flight? (Just trying my luck - I don't mind the Silverkris lounge too, which feels like home already) Thanks in advance!
Old Nov 12, 2015, 1:05 pm

Private Room Hours of Operation

What hours do they operate? We're arriving at 3.30am from LAX via NRT and departing at 10.05am to MLE ... 6 hours in Singapore. Any suggestions to make the transit easier?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.