Old Dec 14, 2016, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
The Private Room is only for those departing and connecting to SQ F class.
The First Class lounge is for those connecting from First Class on Singapore Airlines, those flying First Class on Star Alliance partners, PPS members, etc.
You are allowed one guest into the first class lounge as a First Class passenger, but not into the Private room itself.

FAQ:
Q1: Hi, is there an official site with access rules for the TPR?
A1: There’s no official site other than stating the Private Room is for SQ F.

Q2: I'm flying XXX - SIN in First class and then SIN - YYY in Business/Economy class. Will I have access to TPR based on my inbound First class ticket?
A2: The ability to use TPR on arrival, and when connecting between flights is unpublished, but was mentioned in a Q&A session with Singapore airlines in 2017.
Just show your inbound boarding pass and be departing same day, or overnight, and you’ll be welcomed in.
So do not throw out your inbound boarding pass!

Q3: Where is The Private Room located?
A3: Terminal Three, After Customs & Immigration, Level 3 Near to Gates A. It is accessed which through the main SilverKris Lounge.

Q4: When is it open?
A4: It is open whole day, except for a brief closure from 0230 - 0530 hours.

Q5: Is it open to other first class passengers?
A5: Passengers traveling in First Class on Star Alliance partner airlines, such as Lufthansa to Frankfurt, SWISS to Zurich (or the now discontinued United to Hong Kong/ ANA to Tokyo) are not permitted to use this lounge.
Print Wikipost

SIN Private Room Access

Old Feb 2, 2017, 12:10 am

Originally Posted by shuigao
I've checked in at around 6pm the previous day for a 9.20am flight. Had dinner at TPR, lounged around a bit, slept at the transit hotel, went back the next morning for breakfast before boarding the flight. The ONLY reason I did this was because it was my first time flying first/suites; I've never bothered doing it since. Changi is a great airport but it's not THAT great; I can't imagine the boredom of spending two full days there being worth the few extra "free" meals at TPR ...
Great! Will do so one day
Old Feb 7, 2017, 2:34 am

Programs: BA Blue, Qatar Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Question

Originally Posted by Ryanfozzie
Hi all!

Wondering if you can help to clarify this? I've had a few contradicting answers...

For my honeymoon, I'm flying SQ807 in F(O) arriving into SIN at 23:00. we're then departing on SQ938 in J(I) at 08:20 (+1).

If I stay in a airside hotel, so I get access to TPR when departing as such for my 2nd flight.

If I stay at the CP have have to clear immigration, will I get access to the First Wing and TRP when rechecking in (as I would already be checked in with BP) for my 2nd flight.

Thanks!
Thought I might bump this to see if someone knows? Surely there is an answer
Old Feb 7, 2017, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
I've checked in at around 6pm the previous day for a 9.20am flight. Had dinner at TPR, lounged around a bit, slept at the transit hotel, went back the next morning for breakfast before boarding the flight. The ONLY reason I did this was because it was my first time flying first/suites; I've never bothered doing it since. Changi is a great airport but it's not THAT great; I can't imagine the boredom of spending two full days there being worth the few extra "free" meals at TPR ...
Why would anyone want to check in 48mhours before. You'd be bored even at Changi and TPR.

I would imagine they wouldn't let you.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 4:05 am

Just to check, if I arrive on Suites HKG-SIN, and departing on another flight 2 hours later. Any access to TPR on the same day if:

1.) Y class in SQ
2.) Y class on star alliance flights
3.) Y class on LCC (Scoot, Tigerair)
4.) Y class on any other flights?
Old Mar 30, 2017, 11:15 pm

Programs: QR Gold, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, GHA Titanium, Taj Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold Elite

So if I live in Singapore and have a morning flight in Suites can I check-in the previous night, go to TPR for dinner, exit the airport to go back home and then come back the next morning for breakfast before boarding? This should be possible I guess, given that check-in opens 48hrs prior to departure. But have any of you tried leaving the airport between your early check-in and departure? I don't want to book a night in the transit hotel. Thanks.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 2:22 am

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by lifeonthego_k
... exit the airport to go back home and then come back the next morning for breakfast before boarding?
Checking in the night before -- Definitely no problem.

Exiting the airport -- Tricky. Many years ago this seemed to be OK (old FT posters reported doing it regularly). But lately there's been a number of charges brought against people who entered the airport and then exited with no intention to fly (e.g. to meet up with arriving celebrities and stuff). I don't think dinner at TPR is worth the risk, but of course your own risk tolerance will vary the equation
Old Mar 31, 2017, 2:45 am

So if I live in Singapore and have a morning flight in Suites can I check-in the previous night, go to TPR for dinner, exit the airport to go back home and then come back the next morning for breakfast before boarding? This should be possible I guess, given that check-in opens 48hrs prior to departure. But have any of you tried leaving the airport between your early check-in and departure? I don't want to book a night in the transit hotel. Thanks.
Sometimes transit hotel has last minute promo on Hotel Quickly!
Old Mar 31, 2017, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Potentially this will not be ok. Singapore police state you must be in the departure hall only with the intention of travelling. Going airside for dinner only to leave again a few hours later may raise alarm bells: http://www.straitstimes.com/singapor...changi-airport and http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapo...t-buy-iphone-7
Old Apr 1, 2017, 1:22 am

Programs: QR Gold, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, GHA Titanium, Taj Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Potentially this will not be ok. Singapore police state you must be in the departure hall only with the intention of travelling. Going airside for dinner only to leave again a few hours later may raise alarm bells: http://www.straitstimes.com/singapor...changi-airport and http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapo...t-buy-iphone-7
Damn! Thanks for warning.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 9:58 pm

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by lyndonmaxewell
Just to check, if I arrive on Suites HKG-SIN, and departing on another flight 2 hours later. Any access to TPR on the same day if:

1.) Y class in SQ
2.) Y class on star alliance flights
3.) Y class on LCC (Scoot, Tigerair)
4.) Y class on any other flights?
Anyone have any input on the scenarios above? Specifically 3 & 4
Old Apr 24, 2017, 8:47 am

Booked in Suites on SQ860, so 8:40 AM flight SIN-HKG. Can I check in the night before, sleep in the first class lounge when TPR closes, and then re-enter TPR at 5:30 AM? Hoping to try out both breakfast and dinner in TPR.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 11:19 am

If you're desperate, sure.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by rubinae01
Booked in Suites on SQ860, so 8:40 AM flight SIN-HKG. Can I check in the night before, sleep in the first class lounge when TPR closes, and then re-enter TPR at 5:30 AM? Hoping to try out both breakfast and dinner in TPR.
If you want to be well rested to enjoy your flight you could book the airside transit hotel. Should be under $100.
Old May 2, 2017, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by Cruiser Elite
6. TPR access will be extended to inbound Suites passengers who have connecting exiting Singapore flights in Business Class on Singapore Airlines or MI operated flights.
Provided you are holding both arr R or F BP and dep J BP then the you can enjoy unpublished complimentary arr access benefit into TPR and F Lounge - not maybe - unequivocal.

8. Passenger is holding a First Class redemption ticket.
TPR and F Lounge access / SQ First Class privileges apply to both comm tix and redemption tix - no discrimination towards rdpt tix holders.

I have a flight in a few months that's Mixed Class LAX-NRT-SIN-MLE
I have a 2 night stop over in Singapore before I continue on to MLE, The SIN-MLE leg doesn't have first so I am booked in business class. But the rest of my itinerary is First.
When I fly out of SIN for my SIN-MLE leg even though I am flying out on Business do I still get to go to the private room since its a mixed class booking priced at highest cabin ? Do I also get to use the First Class terminal to check in ?

2 critical parts here:
1. Is complete itinerary LAX-NRT-SIN-MLE booked on one ticket?
2. BPs can only be issued within 48hrs of dep - whilst you have a 2 nt s/o I am not sure as to whether you can get your hands on your SIN-MLE BP on arr into SIN as your dep time may be outside that 48hr window.

No doubt you can enjoy complimentary arr access into TPR/F on arr into SIN - might I suggest that if you do not have your dep BP you try to get it or at least seek out the Duty Manager at SKL and explain your situation. As for F check in terminal I would have no qualms trying that - you will still have your F BPs from arr and again just explain to staff your circumstances - staff are very accomodating to R/F pax and you hopefully will get over the line. I have never faced this scenario before so can't give much more advice - others may have more exp.
Just as a follow-up. As we were departing from Terminal 2 we did not access the TPR. But we did show the lounge attendant both our NRT-SIN F and our SIN-MLE J, they scanned the SIN-MLE boarding pass but looked at our F pass and walked us to the First Class lounge in terminal 2. I assume if we were in T3 they would have allowed us into the TPR, but we didnt have the time to venture that way.
Old May 3, 2017, 4:30 am

Programs: QF SQ VA CX DL UA PR MH MU
Originally Posted by beastieb
Just as a follow-up. As we were departing from Terminal 2 we did not access the TPR. But we did show the lounge attendant both our NRT-SIN F and our SIN-MLE J, they scanned the SIN-MLE boarding pass but looked at our F pass and walked us to the First Class lounge in terminal 2. I assume if we were in T3 they would have allowed us into the TPR, but we didnt have the time to venture that way.
Correct - if you arr into SIN holding MAROON F BP or GOLD R BP you can enjoy up to 24hrs access to TPR - unequivocal - no and, ifs or maybes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.