Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 14, 2016, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
The Private Room is only for those departing and connecting to SQ F class.
The First Class lounge is for those connecting from First Class on Singapore Airlines, those flying First Class on Star Alliance partners, PPS members, etc.
You are allowed one guest into the first class lounge as a First Class passenger, but not into the Private room itself.

FAQ:
Q1: Hi, is there an official site with access rules for the TPR?
A1: There’s no official site other than stating the Private Room is for SQ F.

Q2: I'm flying XXX - SIN in First class and then SIN - YYY in Business/Economy class. Will I have access to TPR based on my inbound First class ticket?
A2: The ability to use TPR on arrival, and when connecting between flights is unpublished, but was mentioned in a Q&A session with Singapore airlines in 2017.
Just show your inbound boarding pass and be departing same day, or overnight, and you’ll be welcomed in.
So do not throw out your inbound boarding pass!

Q3: Where is The Private Room located?
A3: Terminal Three, After Customs & Immigration, Level 3 Near to Gates A. It is accessed which through the main SilverKris Lounge.

Q4: When is it open?
A4: It is open whole day, except for a brief closure from 0230 - 0530 hours.

Q5: Is it open to other first class passengers?
A5: Passengers traveling in First Class on Star Alliance partner airlines, such as Lufthansa to Frankfurt, SWISS to Zurich (or the now discontinued United to Hong Kong/ ANA to Tokyo) are not permitted to use this lounge.
Print Wikipost

SIN Private Room Access

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2016, 6:16 pm

Programs: AF Plat, DL Gold
Originally Posted by WestCoastFlyer88
Here is what I got from an agent:

Please allow us to clarify that access to ‘The Private Room’ will be extended upon invitation and “WE INVITE YOU TO THE PRIVATE ROOM T3 SKL” will be printed on your boarding pass if you meet the following conditions:

1. Passenger is holding a First Class ticket traveling Suite/First Class on all flights exiting Terminal 3.
2. Passenger is holding a mixed class ticket traveling to Singapore on Economy/Business Class but departing Singapore on First Class.
3. Passenger is holding a Singapore Airlines round-the-world ticket with the flight exiting Singapore on First Class.
4. Passenger is holding a non- Singapore Airlines round the world ticket with flight exiting Singapore on First Class.
5. Passenger is holding a non- Singapore Airlines First Class codeshare ticket with flight exiting Singapore operated by Singapore Airlines and traveling in First Class eg. OZ6782 SIN/ICN operated by SQ602.
6. TPR access will be extended to inbound Suites passengers who have connecting exiting Singapore flights in Business Class on Singapore Airlines or MI operated flights.
7. TPR invitation cards will also be issued to inbound Suites and First Class passengers with a connecting flight in First Class exiting Singapore on Singapore Airlines, regardless of the terminal of their connecting flight.
8. Passenger is holding a First Class redemption ticket.

Initially I was told my first class ticket was not equivalent to that in suites (see pt. 6) but then they called me back to tell me they were mistaken and I would have access (flying into SIN in F, out in J). Not really sure what pt. 8 is.
I can confirm that pt 6 must mean Suites/First not just Suites since we got access two weeks ago coming in on F and then connecting to a J flight to Bali.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 7:32 pm

Programs: QF SQ VA CX DL UA PR MH MU
6. TPR access will be extended to inbound Suites passengers who have connecting exiting Singapore flights in Business Class on Singapore Airlines or MI operated flights.
Provided you are holding both arr R or F BP and dep J BP then the you can enjoy unpublished complimentary arr access benefit into TPR and F Lounge - not maybe - unequivocal.

TPR and F Lounge access / SQ First Class privileges apply to both comm tix and redemption tix - no discrimination towards rdpt tix holders.

I have a flight in a few months that's Mixed Class LAX-NRT-SIN-MLE
I have a 2 night stop over in Singapore before I continue on to MLE, The SIN-MLE leg doesn't have first so I am booked in business class. But the rest of my itinerary is First.
When I fly out of SIN for my SIN-MLE leg even though I am flying out on Business do I still get to go to the private room since its a mixed class booking priced at highest cabin ? Do I also get to use the First Class terminal to check in ?

2 critical parts here:
1. Is complete itinerary LAX-NRT-SIN-MLE booked on one ticket?
2. BPs can only be issued within 48hrs of dep - whilst you have a 2 nt s/o I am not sure as to whether you can get your hands on your SIN-MLE BP on arr into SIN as your dep time may be outside that 48hr window.

No doubt you can enjoy complimentary arr access into TPR/F on arr into SIN - might I suggest that if you do not have your dep BP you try to get it or at least seek out the Duty Manager at SKL and explain your situation. As for F check in terminal I would have no qualms trying that - you will still have your F BPs from arr and again just explain to staff your circumstances - staff are very accomodating to R/F pax and you hopefully will get over the line. I have never faced this scenario before so can't give much more advice - others may have more exp.

Last edited by Cruiser Elite; Oct 17, 2016 at 7:37 pm
Old Oct 17, 2016, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by Cruiser Elite
2 critical parts here:
2. BPs can only be issued within 48hrs of dep - whilst you have a 2 nt s/o I am not sure as to whether you can get your hands on your SIN-MLE BP on arr into SIN as your dep time may be outside that 48hr window.
Thanks for the insight.

1. It is a single complete itinerary booked on one ticket.
2. We arrive at SIN on a Tuesday at 21:00 and depart SIN on Thursday at 10:00. So it will be less than 48 hours in Singapore so we should be able to get our SIN-MLE BP on arrival at SIN if not at departure at NRT.

Whats the benefit of getting the SIN-MLE BP early? When I get my F NRT-SIN BP should I ask for access to TPR on my SIN-MLE BP ?
Old Oct 17, 2016, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by beastieb
2. We arrive at SIN on a Tuesday at 21:00 and depart SIN on Thursday at 10:00. So it will be less than 48 hours in Singapore so we should be able to get our SIN-MLE BP on arrival at SIN if not at departure at NRT.

Whats the benefit of getting the SIN-MLE BP early? When I get my F NRT-SIN BP should I ask for access to TPR on my SIN-MLE BP ?
BPs cannot be issued until you actually check in - your SIN-MLE BP cannot be issued pre your boarding LAX as it won't be within 48hrs if I am reading this correctly - I don't know if you can get it at NRT but yes on arr into SIN you are within the 48hr window.

Not all lounge staff are 100% across all lounge regs etc - you should be good to go just with printed e-ticket - having your BP just further insurance.

I had a discussion with lounge Manager on this very subject last Sun nt - apparently they had a couple in with similar flt timings whose intention was to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner in TPR over a 2 day period with trips in and out to SIN city centre in bw - they had not factored in the SIN immig arr / dep restrictions - lounge staff were having a right old cackle about it - but I digress.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 4:42 pm

Provided you are holding both arr R or F BP and dep J BP then the you can enjoy unpublished complimentary arr access benefit into TPR and F Lounge - not maybe - unequivocal.

TPR and F Lounge access / SQ First Class privileges apply to both comm tix and redemption tix - no discrimination towards rdpt tix holders.

I have a flight in a few months that's Mixed Class LAX-NRT-SIN-MLE
I have a 2 night stop over in Singapore before I continue on to MLE, The SIN-MLE leg doesn't have first so I am booked in business class. But the rest of my itinerary is First.
When I fly out of SIN for my SIN-MLE leg even though I am flying out on Business do I still get to go to the private room since its a mixed class booking priced at highest cabin ? Do I also get to use the First Class terminal to check in ?

2 critical parts here:

No doubt you can enjoy complimentary arr access into TPR/F on arr into SIN - might I suggest that if you do not have your dep BP you try to get it or at least seek out the Duty Manager at SKL and explain your situation. As for F check in terminal I would have no qualms trying that - you will still have your F BPs from arr and again just explain to staff your circumstances - staff are very accomodating to R/F pax and you hopefully will get over the line. I have never faced this scenario before so can't give much more advice - others may have more exp.
I'll be arriving from MEL in suites and connecting to USM in Y. Any chance they allow me in even though I'm in economy and not business on MI?
Old Oct 18, 2016, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by flytalker18
I'll be arriving from MEL in suites and connecting to USM in Y. Any chance they allow me in even though I'm in economy and not business on MI?
If you are arr in R or F absolutely you can enjoy complimentary same day access into TPR or SKL F Lounges - makes no difference what your planned activities are later that day - dep on SQ in Y / dep on any other carrier in Y / staying in SIN - provided you arr into SIN in either R or F you are eligible and will be welcomed.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 7:51 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 1MM,, AA Exec Plat. Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
If you are arr in R or F absolutely you can enjoy complimentary same day access into TPR or SKL F Lounges - makes no difference what your planned activities are later that day - dep on SQ in Y / dep on any other carrier in Y / staying in SIN - provided you arr into SIN in either R or F you are eligible and will be welcomed.
Even if your departing flight technically departed on the previous date (ex. 11pm on the previous day) and arrives SIN early AM?
Old Oct 18, 2016, 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by globetraveler
Even if your departing flight technically departed on the previous date (ex. 11pm on the previous day) and arrives SIN early AM?
Dep time irrelevant - if you are flying R or F you will obviously be holding Gold R or Maroon F BP - dep access you are entitled to F Lounge access if one exists or F/J Lounge access if joint lounge. This benefit is a published benefit ie clearly advertised on SQ web site.

Arr access into TPR or F Lounge in SIN is unpublished benefit - ie it is not advertised on SQ web site but nonetheless is a benefit offered to ALL SQ Suites / R / Gold BP holders and First Class / F / Maroon BP holders for day of arrival into SIN if SIN is final dest on that booking or if dep SIN on another carrier. If arr into SIN and in transit with SQ / MI regardless of class you are still entitled to arr access to TPR / F for duration of your transit time.

Last edited by Cruiser Elite; Oct 18, 2016 at 11:07 pm
Old Dec 4, 2016, 1:29 am

Programs: SK Gold (*G)
If you're arriving on SQ F and departing SQ C the following day will you be granted access to TPR day the of departure? The stopover is for 23 hours.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Kajjan85
If you're arriving on SQ F and departing SQ C the following day will you be granted access to TPR day the of departure? The stopover is for 23 hours.
Yes, as long as that connecting C flight is on the same ticket.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 2:00 pm

Programs: IHG Spire | Marriott Plat | UA Plat | AA Plat Pro
On a slightly related note... how strict are the lounge dragons in HKG?

I haven't flown SQ to HKG in a long while since I usually take CX direct... but I arrive at 5:00 PM on SQ 866 and will depart on SQ 2 at 11:40 PM (having dinner in the city with a group of friends before heading back). I'm on F on SQ 866 but J in SQ 2, is it worth asking if they allow me into the F portion of the KF lounge? not really a big deal for me since I can just take a later Airport Express train if there's no use even asking.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 4:52 am

Hello, couple of questions with TPR of FC lounge:

1. I am arriving from MAN in F and departing to BKK in J (1:45 transit time).
Reading this thread, it appears that I will get access to TPR.

If flights are on time, will I have time to get a shower? Or should I go to SKL First lounge for shower?

2. My wife is arriving almost at the same time from BOM (in J; A380); and departing with me in J to BKK.

Big question - Where is the best point to meet her? Should I just ask her to wait near her arrival gate and I go there whenever I land.

Next question - Will I be able to guest her in TPR or FC lounge?

It looks like both our flights arrive in T3. So, I am hopeful the TPR / FC lounge is very walkable.

Main goal is shower. Not worried about breakfast,etc as we will get fed again on our connecting flight.

Any help with the logistics greatly appreciated.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 4:59 am

Should be fine even if your BKK flight departs T2. Just don't get too comfortable or you'll be cutting it too fine. Completely illogical to waste time by walking to her arrival gate. Tell her to meet you at the lounge. You might be able to guest her into the F lounge, not TPR. I've seen connecting passengers with a guest both permitted and denied.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 5:08 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by ft4lyf
Hello, couple of questions with TPR of FC lounge:

1. I am arriving from MAN in F and departing to BKK in J (1:45 transit time).
Reading this thread, it appears that I will get access to TPR.

If flights are on time, will I have time to get a shower? Or should I go to SKL First lounge for shower?

2. My wife is arriving almost at the same time from BOM (in J; A380); and departing with me in J to BKK.

Big question - Where is the best point to meet her? Should I just ask her to wait near her arrival gate and I go there whenever I land.

Next question - Will I be able to guest her in TPR or FC lounge?

It looks like both our flights arrive in T3. So, I am hopeful the TPR / FC lounge is very walkable.

Main goal is shower. Not worried about breakfast,etc as we will get fed again on our connecting flight.

Any help with the logistics greatly appreciated.
1. The Private Room is only for those departing and connecting to SQ F class.

You will have access to the First Class lounge, it's for those connecting from First Class on Singapore Airlines, those flying first class on Star Alliance partners, PPS members, etc.

2. According to the Star Alliance rules, First Class passengers are allowed to bring one guest in to the lounge. So yes, your wife may join you.

Changi is a fairly easy airport to navigate so meet her whatever you're comfortable with.

And as far as the shower goes, it's an YMMV situation.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 5:50 am

thanks both of you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.