Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Using Singapore Miles for a stopover/open jaw

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using Singapore Miles for a stopover/open jaw

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2015, 7:20 am
Original Poster

Does anyone have experience with use SIngapore Airline miles on United? I want to take a trip to Hawaii from EWR but want to take advantage of the stopover/open jaw. Is the below possible:

EWR-HNL
HNL-EWR
EWR-Caribbean

Is this possible for 35K miles round trip?
Old Aug 8, 2015, 10:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by rb23lb

Only issue- it priced at 65,000 points instead of the 62,500 I expected --- did prices go up?
No. It's 35K for Europe-Hawaii. 30+35=65.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 11:14 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
currybai, for more discussion, I'll move this to the Singapore Airlines forum as you wish to use Singapore Ailines' miles for your trip. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, United forum.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 11:57 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
delete please
Old Apr 26, 2017, 12:54 pm

Questions to the experts on stopovers/layovers

I want to use KF miles to book United flights flying from Puerto Rico to Hawaii roundtrip, with 2 stopovers in NYC on each leg (so add'l $100).

Q1. Can I stopover twice in the same city (NYC)? There are reports that add'l stopovers (for $100 extra) are no longer allowed? Source: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singa...rt-awards.html

Q2. I might need to do a layover in LAX or Denver on one of the legs, how long do I have for this layover?

If it's considered international, then I can layover at LAX/Denver for 24hrs but if it's domestic, I only have 4 hours, right? Or is it like American with 18hrs for Hawaii flights? Or does the domestic layover limit of 4hrs just flat out not applied to KF partner bookings?

4 hours obviously will not do, so may need to position my origin to Central America instead of Puerto Rico to make this international...?

TIA!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.