Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Deteriorating quality of service with SQ's Y... anybody

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Deteriorating quality of service with SQ's Y... anybody

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2015, 6:42 pm

Programs: QF Bronze, OZ Diamond, KE
Originally Posted by planetshakers
But do OZ and KE fly RGN ???
Yes.

(Apologies if I've missed something...)
Old Aug 10, 2015, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
I'd like them to serve the corn ice cream in 2 slices of colourful bread just as the street corner ice-cream guy does. And boy is it yummy!!
Old Aug 10, 2015, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
I'd like them to serve the corn ice cream in 2 slices of colourful bread just as the street corner ice-cream guy does. And boy is it yummy!!
http://www.followmefoodie.com/2010/0...ream-sandwich/
Old Aug 12, 2015, 8:39 pm

Programs: VA Velocity, SQ KrisFlyer
I have also figured out that service levels on SQ Y (HKG-SIN-SYD) has worsen recently too:

- Planes with non-refurbished cabin (purple colour) was deployed on my HKG-SIN leg
- Downgraded headphones hence distorting quality of sound
- Smaller portion of main dish
- No meat offered for breakfast
- FAs failed to serve second meal en-route SIN-SYD until 55 minutes before landing
Old Aug 12, 2015, 8:45 pm

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by Metropolitan Airlines
I have also figured out that service levels on SQ Y (HKG-SIN-SYD) has worsen recently too:

- Planes with non-refurbished cabin (purple colour) was deployed on my HKG-SIN leg
- Downgraded headphones hence distorting quality of sound
- Smaller portion of main dish
- FAs failed to serve second meal en-route SIN-SYD until 55 minutes before landing
There are some newer HKG-SIN planes, you just need to know which one to choose. The schedule is pretty static and generally doesn't change (unlike their main OW competitor).

Can't speak much about the headphone quality (I use my own), or the food (been a while since I have been on one), I would definitely love to have the 2nd meal as late as possible to squeeze in all the sleep I can get.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 9:22 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by Metropolitan Airlines
Are you talking about the overnight flight? If so, they just can't win can they? In the past one of the big complaints about SQ has been serving second meal way too early, 2 hrs before landing. I don't know what the problem is with serving it 55 mins out. Also was there a main meal served after takeoff? If there was, breakfast has only ever been a snack (pastries, fruit etc), not a full hot breakfast.

On the headphones, I must be the only person that finds the new ones an upgrade. Although I usually have my own headphones, so only an issue if I forget them, I found the old type headphones very difficult to hear over the aircraft noise, the bud type block out more of the aircraft noise thus I find have better sound. Each to their own I guess.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 3:22 am

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
Originally Posted by lokijuh
Are you talking about the overnight flight? If so, they just can't win can they? In the past one of the big complaints about SQ has been serving second meal way too early, 2 hrs before landing. I don't know what the problem is with serving it 55 mins out. Also was there a main meal served after takeoff? If there was, breakfast has only ever been a snack (pastries, fruit etc), not a full hot breakfast.
I used to do the overnight SIN<>PEK sectors in Y for about a year or so, and I always asked the FAs not to wake me up for breakfast, because service would start almost 2hrs before landing, and given there is NO TIME DIFFERENCE between SIN and PEK, I'm always amazed how many people wake up to eat a crappy 'meal' at 430AM. If for some reason I do need to eat, I would rather have service start as late as possible! SLEEP!!!!

On the headphones, I must be the only person that finds the new ones an upgrade. Although I usually have my own headphones, so only an issue if I forget them, I found the old type headphones very difficult to hear over the aircraft noise, the bud type block out more of the aircraft noise thus I find have better sound. Each to their own I guess.
Same here, I bring my own if in Y, but much prefer the new ones!
Old Aug 13, 2015, 7:50 am

Programs: VA Velocity, SQ KrisFlyer
Originally Posted by lokijuh
The flight is a morning departure and arrives in the afternoon. Therefore the second meal is 'lunch'.

Moreover, I am not sure since when they have decided to cut down night kits on morning departures from SYD and SIN.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 12:51 am
CLT

Programs: AA EXP (Former US CP)
I've noticed that the amenity kits are no longer Givenchy and the socks are less plush. The subtraction of the muffins on breakfast flights are noticed, and I haven't seen yogurt on HKG-SFO-HKG flights in a while.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:37 am

Don't worry, they were never Givenchy in the first place.

Btw, I have a toaster with a Ferrari logo on it...
Old Sep 1, 2015, 5:32 pm
CLT

^Not that it even mattered, but still.

I still see the wine glasses in Y, even in recent trip reports. Though they are now plastic and more flimsy than the former ones. I don't really like the new crockery. Seems very cheap IMHO.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 6:28 pm

What is the new crockery? Plastic?
Old Sep 1, 2015, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by Phaze
What is the new crockery? Plastic?
Metal as before, but new design. It was introduced already a while ago.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 3:25 am

What's the issue then? Is one metal 'cheaper' than the other?
Old Sep 2, 2015, 4:51 pm
CLT

Crockery is plates, dishes, and cups. At least that's what the term means in the States.

SQ changed the crockery in Economy sometime last November, from the square/rectangular crockery in use for a while to new crockery that is more curved and rounded. The main course dish I believe is now disposable, but all of the new dishes are extremely flimsy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.