No more Givenchy Pyjamas on SQ?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2015, 9:56 am
HB7
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
No more Givenchy Pyjamas on SQ?

Hi All,

It seems the PJ's on SQ first and suites are no longer Givenchy? Having just got of SQ228 from Melbourne in first, the PJ's I got on that flight were just branded "Singapore Airlines".

I'm currently in the TPR and I asked someone who said she thinks that as of June this year SQ are no longer giving out Givenchy PJ's.

A real shame, hopefully the quality of these (I'm assuming home brand) PJ's are decent.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 3:42 pm

Don't be fooled into thinking that the PJs had anything to do with Givenchy (as in, the fashion house proper) whatsoever in the first place, other than being a branding exercise of the cheapest kind. I mean, for goodness sake, even the $0.50 pouch for Economy is branded Givenchy.

CX's venture with Pye was the most successful in terms of PJ quality that I have received onboard so far.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 8:59 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by stargold
I mean, for goodness sake, even the $0.50 pouch for Economy is branded Givenchy.
^
You mean the half-dozen pouches I got from my long haul Y's to JNB aren't gonna fetch any money if I try to ebay them?!?!?

Old Jul 30, 2015, 11:32 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis PC, Hertz PC
just my luck. set to fly suites tonight for the first time. will report back
Old Jul 31, 2015, 10:43 am

Programs: amex platinum, american advantage, united, ANA, JAP. SPG, marriott
I couldn't care less whether the PJs say Givenchy or Singapore on them.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 11:36 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by wripro
I couldn't care less whether the PJs say Givenchy or Singapore on them.
+1 I prefer they say the airline on them. I wear airline PJ's around the house, and there's nothing Givenchy about that
Old Jul 31, 2015, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by stargold
Don't be fooled into thinking that the PJs had anything to do with Givenchy (as in, the fashion house proper) whatsoever in the first place, other than being a branding exercise of the cheapest kind. I mean, for goodness sake, even the $0.50 pouch for Economy is branded Givenchy.

CX's venture with Pye was the most successful in terms of PJ quality that I have received onboard so far.
Agree. They were just cheap tracksuit material. Probably the same quality as what you could get at K-Mart for $15 or $20.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 11:30 am

Programs: amex platinum, american advantage, united, ANA, JAP. SPG, marriott
I'm much more interested that the champagne bottle says Dom or Krug!!!!
Old Aug 7, 2015, 3:19 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis PC, Hertz PC
for those of you who care about this kind of thing (I do), the PJs are indeed no longer givenchy branded. standard SQ branding instead. they still felt really comfortable though. This is based on a suites flight SQ326 from 1 week ago to CDG
Old Aug 9, 2015, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by awxm88
for those of you who care about this kind of thing (I do), the PJs are indeed no longer givenchy branded. standard SQ branding instead. they still felt really comfortable though. This is based on a suites flight SQ326 from 1 week ago to CDG
Thanks for letting us know
Old Aug 11, 2015, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by awxm88
Just a detail, but SQ326 is not flying to CDG.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 3:13 am

Programs: SQ KF Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat
Confirmed, flew SQ11 Suites over the weekend and received SQ branded PJs.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 5:28 pm

Programs: QFF, Krisflyer
Looks like the blankets have also had the Givenchy name removed. Wonder about the plates?
Old Aug 28, 2016, 10:05 am

Lol I didn't check the back of the plates but was expecting a Givenchy PJ on my recent flights. And I didn't get a PJ from MEL to SIN departing at 10:30AM. Female amenity kit is nice and think it's probably one of the best I have received.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 6:50 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS, QR Gold
Originally Posted by little bunny
Lol I didn't check the back of the plates but was expecting a Givenchy PJ on my recent flights. And I didn't get a PJ from MEL to SIN departing at 10:30AM. Female amenity kit is nice and think it's probably one of the best I have received.
The plates are now by Wedgwood.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.