Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SIN-SFO F Class (77W)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2015, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MileagePlus, SQ KrisFlyer, BA Avios, SPG Gold, Priority Club, Platinum Card
SIN-SFO F Class (77W)

Booked 2 saver F award tickets on SQ from SIN-SFO. My question is how "suite" like is the F Class cabin on the 77W. I booked the middle 2 seats 1C & 1D. We were looking forward to flying on the A380's "suites" but got waitlisted and booked this as a back up.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 12:04 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
The 77W does not have a closed door suite like the A380. It's a very very good, seat but not as private as a full suite.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MileagePlus, SQ KrisFlyer, BA Avios, SPG Gold, Priority Club, Platinum Card
Originally Posted by Madone59
The 77W does not have a closed door suite like the A380. It's a very very good, seat but not as private as a full suite.
Thanks for the info, I heard it was very similar to the suites and a very good seat, any big difference between the 1C&D as opposed to 2C&D? 1 is the bulkhead seat but looking at some pictures looks like it doesn't really make a difference.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 2:55 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mehtaa24
Thanks for the info, I heard it was very similar to the suites and a very good seat, any big difference between the 1C&D as opposed to 2C&D? 1 is the bulkhead seat but looking at some pictures looks like it doesn't really make a difference.
There is no big difference between row 1 and 2, nor is the extra space in the bulkhead. Row 1 may be a little quieter as it is not right against the well for business class. Below is a picture of the 'old' 777 F seats, as I am not sure if the new F seats are on the SQ16 route yet.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 7:23 pm

Thats not the First in the 77W. The cabin in the 77W is smaller and is more cramped. The picture shows the B773 (non ER). The seats are identical.

But I agree, there is no difference between row 1 or 2 seats in terms of legroom. I would choose row 2 due to the fact its further away from the First Class galley in front. The business cabin behind is also a small cabin, the disturbance from there should be minimal.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 4:19 am

Because of the cut-out and the overlap in seat pitch between row 1 and 2, the two are in fact different.

Row 2 gets unrestricted head/shoulder room, but half of the feet cubby hole is cut out further forward so it has reduced width.

The same cut-out has the effect of restricting the head/shoulder room of row 1 when in bed mode, but the feet go into a full width cubby hole.

All in all I prefer row 2, because it's less distracting for my feet to be in a narrower space, rather than my head/shoulder.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by SQ325

But I agree, there is no difference between row 1 or 2 seats in terms of legroom. I would choose row 2 due to the fact its further away from the First Class galley in front. The business cabin behind is also a small cabin, the disturbance from there should be minimal.
+1.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 12:02 am

Programs: AC: E50K, AP: dDiamond
Which flight are you on? I believe SQ001 is mostly the 77WN featuring the new, non suite style, F class. I am certainly hoping so, I'll be flying it in 2016.

Mark
Old Aug 3, 2015, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lowside67
Which flight are you on? I believe SQ001 is mostly the 77WN featuring the new, non suite style, F class. I am certainly hoping so, I'll be flying it in 2016.

Mark
I am on SQ2 from SIN-SFO in '16 as well
Old Aug 3, 2015, 11:21 am

Anyone know whether SIN-DME-IAH has been upgraded to the new F product?
Old Aug 5, 2015, 12:23 am

Originally Posted by Sheep Man
Anyone know whether SIN-DME-IAH has been upgraded to the new F product?
I flew that route last month and the answer is unfortunately ...no
Old Aug 5, 2015, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by SQ325
Thats not the First in the 77W. The cabin in the 77W is smaller and is more cramped. The picture shows the B773 (non ER). The seats are identical.

Entirely incorrect. The photo posted is indeed the old F 77W configuration, which many 77Ws still have since only a few have been converted to the new 4 F configuration.

F on the non-ER 777-300s is actually much larger with two extra windows in front of row 1 and two extra windows behind row 2 which serve no purpose at all but they are the result of the reconfiguration from the former 3-row F cabin to the current 2-row F cabin.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by fly747first
Entirely incorrect. The photo posted is indeed the old F 77W configuration, which many 77Ws still have since only a few have been converted to the new 4 F configuration.

F on the non-ER 777-300s is actually much larger with two extra windows in front of row 1 and two extra windows behind row 2 which serve no purpose at all but they are the result of the reconfiguration from the former 3-row F cabin to the current 2-row F cabin.
No, you are incorrect. The photo shows the 773 non-ER cabin. You can even see the extra windows that you're talking about in the photo.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by stargold
No, you are incorrect. The photo shows the 773 non-ER cabin. You can even see the extra windows that you're talking about in the photo.
OK I'm clearly blind, haha.

Regardless, only a few 777 300ERS have been converted so most still have the 8 F configuration.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 1:16 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Best lounge?

Taking SQ 15 in a week in F. Assuming the UA Global First lounge is the best lounge option pre-flight?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.