Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SIN-SFO F Class (77W)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2015, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by wripro
As I understand it there is a complete meal for supper service, just no satay or caviar as an option. Someone can correct me if they know better.
Yea I did some reading and I think you are right. According to one mile at a time, no caviar, satay, or desert. Its pretty disappointing to find this out.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 9:12 pm

Programs: AC: E50K, AP: dDiamond
Originally Posted by travellingwineO
Does that flight have the new first class cabin?
I believe it has been answered a few times in this thread, but yes typically SQ001/002 have the new F.

Cheers
Mark
Old Sep 3, 2015, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by invalyd
Anyone know if SQ16 SIN-ICN-SFO is equipped with old or new J / F?

Trying to decide which cabin to book for a November flight.
77W: 2006 seats.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 11:47 pm
gba

Programs: Alaska MVP, Marriott Lifetime Titanium (United Silver), Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Charbito
Yea I did some reading and I think you are right. According to one mile at a time, no caviar, satay, or desert. Its pretty disappointing to find this out.
From the menus I've been able to find, SQ2 does have dessert on each leg (but SQ 1 ex-SFO does not). Does anyone have a recent data point?
Old Sep 4, 2015, 12:20 pm

Programs: amex platinum, american advantage, united, ANA, JAP. SPG, marriott
I can't believe they don't serve dessert on a 13 hour flight HKG/SFO in F. That would be laughable.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by lowside67
I believe it has been answered a few times in this thread, but yes typically SQ001/002 have the new F.

Cheers
Mark
I did skim the entire thread without seeing the answer prior to posting. Obviously I missed it. Thanks for answering anyway.^

As an aside, I think you regular posters here forget how difficult it is to read the posts here as a newbie, given the prevalence of abbreviations....
Old Sep 7, 2015, 6:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA GLD
Originally Posted by gba
From the menus I've been able to find, SQ2 does have dessert on each leg (but SQ 1 ex-SFO does not). Does anyone have a recent data point?
definitely dessert on SQ 1 sfo-hkg (as well as cheese & fruit). afaik the only things lacking on this supper flight is as stated previously, caviar and satay.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It seems if you want the whole experience it's better to take SQ 15/16 rather than SQ 1/2. I'm really surprised that SQ doesn't compete with CX's service levels on the HKG-SFO flights. Then again, I always find my few SQ experiences a let down when comparing to my CX flights (although I admittedly have many more data points on CX).
Old Sep 9, 2015, 9:49 am

I'm flying SQ2 in October which leaves at 11:30pm. My 2 flight options available to me land at 3:15 or 9:45. Based on these times, only the 3:15 flight is going to be feasible for me factoring in customs time and potential delays. Lets say it takes an hour to clear customs. If I check in online will I be able to go through security and access the lounges at 4:30, about 8 hours before my flight?
Old Sep 9, 2015, 11:43 am

I may be wrong but I think the HKG lounge only opens three to four hours prior to departure.

4:30 is seven hours prior to the flight. There may be another lounge you can access.

Someone else may have better information on this.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 9:12 pm

I may be wrong but I think the HKG lounge only opens three to four hours prior to departure.

4:30 is seven hours prior to the flight. There may be another lounge you can access.

Someone else may have better information on this.
The SQ SKL at HKG is open all day: there are SQ flights to SIN every 1 to 3 hours.....including (for example) 1520, 1850, and 1955.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 12:59 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
As I understand it there is a complete meal for supper service, just no satay or caviar as an option. Someone can correct me if they know better.
wripro,
When are you flying this flight?
I will be flying SIN-SFO next Fall and would love to hear about your experience.
Flying in suites LAX-NRT and want to decide whether I want to fly SIN-SFO on 77 or via LAX on A380 (or CX F if I can get it )
TIA
Old Sep 12, 2015, 1:13 am

Just booked HAN-SIN with an overnight stopover and SQ2 SIN-SFO in F for next spring. My wife & I have flown long haul J to Europe a number of times, but never first class. Super excited.

As an aside, the first agent I spoke to told me the stopover was not possible without another 32k miles. After calling back, the second agent booked the itinerary no problem.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 2:04 am

Originally Posted by Bitterroot
77W: 2006 seats.
Going to go out on a limb here and say that I much prefer the old seats to the new. That is not to say the new seats are bad, far from it - they're an industry-leading product in my eyes. Just saying that my preference is by far old over new.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by Bitterroot
The SQ SKL at HKG is open all day: there are SQ flights to SIN every 1 to 3 hours.....including (for example) 1520, 1850, and 1955.
Sorry. What I was thinking about is that check in only opens three hours prior to flight. I misspoke about the lounge only being open then.

Paul,

We're flying suites JFK/FRA/SIN next March and returning HKG/SFO on April 23 so I'll be sure to give you a report. Even though the return is on a 77WN SQ F is great too and it's a nonstop rather than returning to SIN just to get into suites again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.