Search

*A lounges on same day F

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2015, 3:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, OZ*G, OW Sapphire
*A lounges on same day F

Hi folks,
I will be flying (LH F FRA-)SIN-BKK-SYD with TG, the first segment in C, then the long haul in F the same day. I'm wondering what lounges I can use in SIN (I'm also *G)? Do I get access to the Silverkris first lounge with my same day F BP?
Thanks for any help!
PS(I'm quite partial to Dim Sum, and Idea which lounge is best for that?)

Last edited by Skyborne Flyer; Jun 29, 2015 at 3:40 am
Old Jun 29, 2015, 6:49 am

You can use the TG or SQ Business Class lounges in SIN with your J BP for SIN-BKK.

You cannot use the SQ F lounge in SIN because you need to depart from SIN in F in order to do so.

The SKL J lounges have decent food, but naturally the outside restaurants will almost always be nicer purely in terms of food.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 2:16 pm

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Originally Posted by stargold
You can use the TG or SQ Business Class lounges in SIN with your J BP for SIN-BKK.

You cannot use the SQ F lounge in SIN because you need to depart from SIN in F in order to do so.

The SKL J lounges have decent food, but naturally the outside restaurants will almost always be nicer purely in terms of food.
If his SIN-BKK is in C on TG, can he really use the SKL business?

From my experience, flying other *A carriers C, it is a no and he will be at the other SQ lounge - KFG Lounge. YMMV

Last edited by DHalltheway; Jun 29, 2015 at 2:22 pm
Old Jun 29, 2015, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by DHalltheway

From my experience, flying other *A carriers C, it is a no and he will be at the other SQ lounge - KFG Lounge. YMMV
yes.

Star alliance business boarding pass will grant access to star alliance business class lounges (in this case the SQ Silver Kris Lounge).

The KFG lounge is for economy class passengers with status.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 8:41 pm

Based upon my recent email with SQ PR, here's what they say in the following scenario:

Pax flies on SQ26, of which the SIN-FRA sector is in economy and the FRA-JFK sector is in R class. What is this pax entitled in terms of lounge access in SIN?

Based on the current policy, in this case, the customer is not entitled to lounge access unless he is holding a Star Gold FFP card.

I guess it partially applies to what the OP is asking
Old Jun 29, 2015, 8:55 pm

No, it has been the case for at least 5 years.

Any Int'l Star F = SKL F
Any Int'l Star J = SKL J.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 12:01 am

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
yes.

Star alliance business boarding pass will grant access to star alliance business class lounges (in this case the SQ Silver Kris Lounge).

The KFG lounge is for economy class passengers with status.
No, it has been the case for at least 5 years.

Any Int'l Star F = SKL F
Any Int'l Star J = SKL J.
I got turned away flying UA C and TG C.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 12:12 am

Programs: A3 Gold, SQ Gold, AT Gold, Accor Silver, HHonors Diamond, I Prefer Elite, DISCOVERY Titanium
I got turned away flying UA C and TG C.
success enter SKL C section with TG & BR C boarding passes. February & April 2015
Old Jun 30, 2015, 4:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, OZ*G, OW Sapphire
Perhaps I should book refundable F and visit the private room? (I jest,... Maybe)
Old Jun 30, 2015, 6:26 am

Programs: KF*G, Cathay Silver
Yep, OP can access to the Silverkris lounges. Do take note they are in T2 & T3, while departing TG flight to BKK is from Terminal 1.

Don't bother with the TG lounge in SG. Very poor selection of food and aged seats.

Old Jun 30, 2015, 10:31 am

Programs: *A
Originally Posted by Skyborne Flyer
Perhaps I should book refundable F and visit the private room? (I jest,... Maybe)
Will still cost you US$150 (or somewhere in that range). SQ aren't silly like the US carriers in that sense. There is no free cancellation even on full-fare F.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 10:55 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
I tried it out several weeks ago, once with an LH F and another time with an LX F-boardingpass (didnt have the fancy colours) and presenting my SEN*G aswell....

In T3 i was turned away twice at SKL as soon as she spotted my card not bothering to look at the BP. So i tried the T3 KFlounge where no questions where asked or even bothered to send me back to any SKL. Then i hopped to T2 where initially they wanted to turn me away after a quick glance at my card and BP only for me to pretend it was a first time for me flying F out SIN and had no idea which lounge to use. Naturally i was admitted after apologizing.

I think the experience was interesting, but i attribute it to the agents constantly having to turn away *G members to the KF-lounge that as soon as they see someone without a PPS-card approaching they barricade the door
Old Jul 1, 2015, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by HadesNL

I think the experience was interesting, but i attribute it to the agents constantly having to turn away *G members to the KF-lounge that as soon as they see someone without a PPS-card approaching they barricade the door
I think that's right. You'd usually only present a star gold card if you didn't have access by virtue of class of service (or you wanted to guest).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.