Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1 F 1 C both sleep in F suites?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2015, 12:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
A few years ago I was on a TPAC SQ flight in FC and two kids who were seated in coach came up to visit mommy multiple times. One was playing on the floor next to my seat and the other was basically sharing the seat with her mother. They were disruptive. I was shocked that the cabin crew didn't immediately move to stop this.

Several other FC passengers and I complained, but even that didn't seem to do much good as the kids would go back but then return running into FC a few minutes later. Finally I told the purser or IFS that I was aware that this violated SQ rules and expected him to put a stop to it. He said that the kids were just getting away from the nanny who was with them in coach (note, not business class but coach). I told him that he needed to so something such as using carts to make a barricade to keep these kids who were ticketed in coach out of the FC cabin. He finally went back and had a serious chat with the nanny about the need to keep the kids under control.

I'm convinced that if I hadn't had my conversation with the purser/IFS the misbehavior would have continued throughout the flight. I was shocked that the cabin crew seemed very willing to let the kids use the FC cabin although the mother had obviously only paid for coach tickets for them.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 2:49 pm

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist

I'm convinced that if I hadn't had my conversation with the purser/IFS the misbehavior would have continued throughout the flight. I was shocked that the cabin crew seemed very willing to let the kids use the FC cabin although the mother had obviously only paid for coach tickets for them.
Yikes. That's really below SQ's standards. It's unfortunate, but in the land of the nanny's (CGK), I often see nanny's with no control over the kids that they are supervising and parents who have little to no care in the world.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 3:06 pm

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat
A few years ago I was on a TPAC SQ flight in FC and two kids who were seated in coach came up to visit mommy multiple times...
I too had a similar experience a few years back that I ranted about here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singa...t-sin-sfo.html

So, to OP... while I doubt you'll be able to sleep in First, a couple screaming babies in your arms might improve your odds
Old Jun 13, 2015, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by randomtask123
Has anyone had the experience of booking 1 F (middle aisle with double-bed turndown, with other seat empty), 1 C, then have the C pax be allowed to sleep in F with the F pax?

Basically, if they're turning both beds for 1 F pax, why not just let the companion sleep there too?

I've had CX let me (with C tix) sleep in F with my F-seated wife. In fact, they sort of invited me up. Wondering if SG extends similar courtesy...
No.

If you want want your wife to sleep in F, please pay for a seat for her.
If I was in F I was raise objections to the chief stewardess. ( the one with the purple or green uniform)

This just means the OP is cheap.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by randomtask123
You all need to relax... problem solved, I booked two F seats when they released two.

The airlines can do whatever they want to do with seating. If I see FAs moving people up a class and it doesn't impact my safety / service level, all the power to both the FA & pax.

Not sure why some people find such first world problem so "reprehensible". I guess there's a lot of 'heat' in where you sit for 12 hours. lol.
You: I want things I'm not entitled to. I don't care if I bother other people. It doesn't matter to me if I rob other people of what they're entitled to.

Me: <deleted>
Old Jun 13, 2015, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
. I was shocked that the cabin crew seemed very willing to let the kids use the FC cabin although the mother had obviously only paid for coach tickets for them.
How was it obvious?
Old Jun 14, 2015, 4:21 am

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
Originally Posted by Annalisa12
How was it obvious?
The purser told him that's where they were seated, with the nanny.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 4:27 am

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Originally Posted by Annalisa12
How was it obvious?
If you are sitting in F and there were no kids making noise then you hear them running up, or intermittently making noise it would be quite obvious.

In addition, they didn't have any seat in F, as MSP highlighted one was sharing the seat with mom while the other was on the floor.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by meFIRST
No.

If you want want your wife to sleep in F, please pay for a seat for her.
If I was in F I was raise objections to the chief stewardess. ( the one with the purple or green uniform)

This just means the OP is cheap.
Incorrect.

Purple = Inflight Supervisor (very few females as IFS on SQ)
Red = Chief Stewardess
Green = Leading Stewardess

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.