Flight ticketed by UA, operated by ANA

Old May 18, 2015, 8:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Flight ticketed by UA, operated by ANA

Hello everybody,

I have a flight coming soon, three segments are operated by ANA and one - by UA. Flight is ticketed by UA with 016 stock showing booking class Q.

If I decide to credit miles to my KF account, will it consider UA booking class or ANA's? Unfortunately I have no information what ANA's booking class is - website does not give any information.
Old May 18, 2015, 10:53 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by invisible
Hello everybody,

I have a flight coming soon, three segments are operated by ANA and one - by UA. Flight is ticketed by UA with 016 stock showing booking class Q.

If I decide to credit miles to my KF account, will it consider UA booking class or ANA's? Unfortunately I have no information what ANA's booking class is - website does not give any information.
The operating carrier (NH) is the one that determines mileage for Star Alliance airlines regardless of the marketing carrier (in this case UA). So you'll have 3 segments by NH and 1 segment by UA when looking up the SQ mileage accrual chart. You should be able to find NH's PNR number in the UA website (located right below the UA PNR number when you look at your itinerary). Using NH's PNR number, try going to NH website and lookup your itinerary (if possible) and see if you can see the booking class.

From what I read the last time, UA and NH booking classes are usually matched equally, so your UA Q is also NH Q, I maybe wrong though. However If I'm correct then according to the mileage accrual chart, you'll earn 70% for NH and 100% for UA.
Old May 19, 2015, 12:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lcpteck
The operating carrier (NH) is the one that determines mileage for Star Alliance airlines regardless of the marketing carrier (in this case UA). So you'll have 3 segments by NH and 1 segment by UA when looking up the SQ mileage accrual chart. You should be able to find NH's PNR number in the UA website (located right below the UA PNR number when you look at your itinerary). Using NH's PNR number, try going to NH website and lookup your itinerary (if possible) and see if you can see the booking class.
I checked on NH and it showed UA's flight numbers with their booking class.
Originally Posted by lcpteck
From what I read the last time, UA and NH booking classes are usually matched equally, so your UA Q is also NH Q, I maybe wrong though. However If I'm correct then according to the mileage accrual chart, you'll earn 70% for NH and 100% for UA.
Which means that no point to credit it to KF. Oh well....
Old May 19, 2015, 5:50 am

I checked on NH and it showed UA's flight numbers with their booking class.

Which means that no point to credit it to KF. Oh well....
ANA has lousy conversion when crediting to krisflyer.

The 100% mileage booking class dont seem to be available when booking with United. That is what i have seen so far.
Old May 19, 2015, 7:04 am

Along similar lines....I have a UA ticket with some segments on UA metal and others on NH. The UA segments were previously W economy fares that have since been upgraded to R business class fares via UA GPUs. The NH segments are W fares.

The SQ mileage accrual chart indicates that the NH W fares will earn 50% KrisFlyer miles.

However the UA section of the chart does not list R fares. Does this mean that GPU-upgraded flights on UA do not earn any KrisFlyer miles?

edit - I believe the correct answer to my question is that mileage accrual is based on the fare basis (original fare class purchased) and NOT the fare class after an upgrade is applied?

Last edited by vortix; May 19, 2015 at 11:51 am
Old May 19, 2015, 8:25 am

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
just credit it to A3 or TK.

my 2 cents.
Old May 19, 2015, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DHalltheway
just credit it to A3 or TK.

my 2 cents.
What is the point? I will get the same 70% with my Q fares at SQ.
Old May 19, 2015, 11:45 am

What is the point? I will get the same 70% with my Q fares at SQ.
How about A3?
Old May 19, 2015, 9:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DHalltheway
How about A3?
While ANA's Q and S are credited 100%, UA's S is credited 50%. Now I have absolutely no guarantee that even operating carrier is ANA for some weird reason they won't decide to credit it according to UA's class.

One more contrary to popular belief that with Aegean you need only 24K miles to qualify for *G - that rule applies only in case if you have 4 flights taken with them during the qualification period.
Old May 20, 2015, 1:39 am

While ANA's Q and S are credited 100%, UA's S is credited 50%. Now I have absolutely no guarantee that even operating carrier is ANA for some weird reason they won't decide to credit it according to UA's class.

One more contrary to popular belief that with Aegean you need only 24K miles to qualify for *G - that rule applies only in case if you have 4 flights taken with them during the qualification period.
That is why I have left flying with UA.

I don't know A3's FFP well and I didn't suggest you join A3 FFP.

What I do know is the 24K EQM quota was in place up to last year.

Best wishes on your decision making process on which FFP to pick up.

Last edited by DHalltheway; May 20, 2015 at 2:01 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.