Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Name issue on passport: Urgent!!!

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2015, 3:29 am
Original Poster

Name issue on passport: Urgent!!!

Hey! So I typed my friend's surname twice by accident.

This is what I typed,
First Name/Given Name: GOH WAN TENG
Surname: GOH

So must I request for a change? I made two mistakes & I've to pay 50USD/each... So will they overlook this?

And if I decide to try my luck on that day & wasnt allowed to enter, can I request for a change then?

Last edited by mesakhlim; May 15, 2015 at 1:10 pm Reason: So the name becomes NG WANLING NG
Old May 15, 2015, 8:16 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
First, please go back and edit your post to remove your friend's name. It's not only against FT rules, but it's really risky.

Second, it's a bit unclear, but it appears that this is one change and the fee will thus be one fee.

Whether you can get the carrier to overlook will depend on the circumstances. It's unlikely. Don't let it wait. Get it done. If you must pay US$50, better to pay it, get it fixed and move on.
Old May 15, 2015, 8:25 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Yeah, do it like Nike!
Old May 15, 2015, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply! The issue has been resolved. I didnt have to pay a single cent, I was basically 'misinformed' by 3 different people...
Old May 15, 2015, 1:34 pm

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Originally Posted by mesakhlim
Thanks for the reply! The issue has been resolved. I didnt have to pay a single cent, I was basically 'misinformed' by 3 different people...
As mentioned by the other two FT-ers above, please remove the names in your original post for safety reasons!

Additionally, welcome to FT!
Old May 16, 2015, 5:44 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Passport name

Originally Posted by mesakhlim
I've found over the years that all the airlines seem to care about is that the name is somehow correct. I've had bookings entered (by others) as SURNAME/FIRST NAME, FIRST NAME/SURNAME and even {FIRST NAME {Passport 1), SECOND NAME {Passport 1 & 2}, SURNAME {Passport 1}, SURNAME {Passport 2} and traveled solely on Passport 1 without any issues. I should add never in America. God knows what the TSA would say.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.