Original Poster

Singapore Girl

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...tewardess.html

https://dayre.me/tieponytail/skRWRVxyYm
Old May 8, 2015, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
I enjoyed the stories.

I found it interesting that such a little thing like thank you or please is what these flight attendants long for.
Old May 8, 2015, 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by Annalisa12
I found it interesting that such a little thing like thank you or please is what these flight attendants long for.
... or Krispy Kreme doughnuts!
Old May 9, 2015, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Yes, like the experience of a single stewardess out of thousands is statistically significant, but of course, one can more effectively teach Calculus to a monkey than to reporters. lol

I have met many SQ Girls and Boys who truly love their jobs.

Personally, I think Hillary was just upset that she constantly had to work in Y and didn't receive a promotion to Leading Stewardess. She seems to confuse SQ's culture with that of QR where the parties are so wild that even the Head of Inflight had to send a very nasty email to the entire cabin crew list serves after a Cabin Senior fell victim to excessive consumption and couldn't even get inside her company-provided residence.
Old May 9, 2015, 7:45 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Looks like she can only do an office job.
Old May 9, 2015, 9:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Le Club Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
Saw this a while ago and was waiting for it to make mainstream media (if the Daily Mail qualifies for that!).

I'm sure there's some truth in it as well as many personal grievances and exaggerations. I wonder how SQ are responding to it.
Old May 10, 2015, 4:35 pm

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Originally Posted by AddictedTraveller
Saw this a while ago and was waiting for it to make mainstream media (if the Daily Mail qualifies for that!).

I'm sure there's some truth in it as well as many personal grievances and exaggerations. I wonder how SQ are responding to it.
They probably aren't because the turnover for FA in SQ is high, with many breaking their bonds to leave early, from my understanding.

The other impression I get is that her expectations probably did her in.

e.g. Some people think that being famous musician is great, only they don't realize all the downfalls that come with it.
Old May 10, 2015, 10:21 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Funny read.

What I liked most is that she - indirectly - perceived Aussies as rude. What I like best about Strine - the open use of invectives and the not shying away from rough terminology - is an insuperable cultural barrier to her.

I also like that the spread the tell-tale stories how much flight attendants made in a far, far past and then reported forwards these tales as facts to the reader. That was golden.
Old May 11, 2015, 7:37 am

Programs: SQ Gold, SPG Plat
Next time I will remember to buy a dozen+3 KrIspy Kreme @ CGK
Old May 11, 2015, 8:08 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by weero
What I liked most is that she - indirectly - perceived Aussies as rude. What I like best about Strine - the open use of invectives and the not shying away from rough terminology - is an insuperable cultural barrier to her..
Where did you draw that conclusion from?
Old May 11, 2015, 10:48 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by lokijuh
Where did you draw that conclusion from?
Her calling the not all that long SIN-SYD names and pointing to the rude passengers.
Old May 11, 2015, 3:34 pm

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Her calling the not all that long SIN-SYD names and pointing to the rude passengers.
She's missed out on the party to DME
Old May 11, 2015, 6:42 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
What I read into it was that SIN-SYD was bad because of over-working. Basically running 2 meals in 6.5 hrs and dealing with call buttons during that period, whereas SIN-LHR is a bit more relaxed (being much longer). The message I got from her blog was that the rude passengers were the local ones, and she had plenty of praise for the general politeness of most ang-mohs (obviously with exceptions both ways).

I couldn't draw the conclusion from her blog that Aussies were rude, if anything the linked daily mail article seemed to imply that .
Old May 11, 2015, 6:53 pm

...of her own country. Mainly.

Probably not when she refers to SIN-SYD. She's seems pointing to another nation. Not Australia. But another big country. The buzzer is particulary popular there and to be pressed instantly after boarding.
Old May 11, 2015, 7:36 pm

Programs: SQ*G, SPG Platinum, FPC Premier
Expectations expectations expectations.

So many sign up thinking it's glamorous but get a rude shock when they realize it's anything but that.

At least she's helping other hopefuls by posting this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.