Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQ won't allow me to change destination?

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2015, 11:39 am
Original Poster

SQ won't allow me to change destination?

Hi everyone,

My trip award trip consists of the following itinerary

LAX-NRT-SIN-DPS Rt with no stopover in SIN.

I am having a change of heart and would like to go the Maldives instead; thus, I only want to substitue SIN-DPS for SIN-MLE. It requires a few additional miles, which are available in my account.

However, two agents told me they could only make the change IF the entire trip was available as an award starting in LAX, which is very hard to come by in F.

Does anyone have any experience with this?
Old May 8, 2015, 7:50 pm

Programs: SQ QPP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Taj Inner Circle Gold
Originally Posted by coltonatx
Hi everyone,

I am having a change of heart and would like to go the Maldives instead; thus, I only want to substitue SIN-DPS for SIN-MLE. It requires a few additional miles, which are available in my account.

However, two agents told me they could only make the change IF the entire trip was available as an award starting in LAX, which is very hard to come by in F.

Yes, and since you are occupying the seat, they cannot get it confirmed outright.

I usually ask them to waitlist me on the SIN-MLE sector and then ask them to send a note to the relevant department (inventory), but make sure that SIN-MLE is available on its own first. If on its own, it is already a waitlist, then you have much lesser chance.
Old May 10, 2015, 8:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SQueeze
Quote:

Originally Posted by coltonatx

Hi everyone,

Yes, and since you are occupying the seat, they cannot get it confirmed outright.

I usually ask them to waitlist me on the SIN-MLE sector and then ask them to send a note to the relevant department (inventory), but make sure that SIN-MLE is available on its own first. If on its own, it is already a waitlist, then you have much lesser chance.
Correct me if I'm mistaken, but SQ mostly confirms waitlists days before departure, which in my case would make it very difficult to book hotels in advance.
Old May 12, 2015, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
YES SQ's computers view the entire reservation as married. So if you cancel out Bali and try to put in MLE, SQ's computers won't accept it unless you book through the whole thing.

You can however do two steps. Try to make a stopover in Singapore first. Then to MLE about 3 weeks later. That is the only way I think that SQ's computer will allow it. Then after you have booked and confirmed that, call back and change it to a appropriate date that you can take - but bear in mind, it is best that you do stopover.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.