Wiki Posts
Search

Problem booking a SQ F Flight

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2015, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Problem booking a SQ F Flight

Hi,

I want to book 2 one way ticket from Sydney to Hong Kong in SQ F on March 30th. My problem is that there is absolutely no availability change. For two weeks now I have checked everyday and there is only availability on March 26th and no seats from March 27th on. This hasn't changed at all

And not only for F class but for every class I checked. Can you explain this problem to me, should I maybe call SQ? Or is it possible to book seats for you?

Hopefully you got an answer. Thanks
Old Apr 24, 2015, 12:21 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
Awards are capacity controlled so it's one of those things that you just have to keep checking unfortunately.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 2:37 pm

^^^ what kluau 88 said.

I think something must have happened to their system recently. For a while there, the availability calendar was "stuck" on March 26th, 2016. Days that showed as available in the calendar (i.e. they were "colored" dates) would come up as "no flights available" even on a paid basis. Then something happened and the 355 days out rule was working again, but I noticed that availability wasn't as good as before, or at least as predictable. A lot more blanket "waitlist".

A few things to consider (info gathered from the SQ board, so a mix of things I've noticed and gathered from others):
1) Availability ex-SIN seems better. At least going to the U.S., I've noticed
2) There is some availability post March 30th. Like April 2nd, for example. Maybe waitlist the 30th and book the 2nd if you're flexible.
3) SQ is cutting the F cabin on 777s in half. Could be factoring into their inventory management...then again I noticed the SIN-HKG leg (on the A380) aren't available either on the 30th
4) Keep monitoring the date obsessively. I read reports of people waitlisting and subsequently seeing the availability open up (while not being notified by SQ).
Old Apr 24, 2015, 11:55 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
In addition to the above, you are looking at Easter weekend 2016 so SQ may have reduced the usual slim supply in F even further.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 2:20 am

Give them a call.

I couldn't find award seats available either via the website, but when I called, there were still plenty of saver seats left.

The website has been wonky.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 5:35 am
Original Poster

Thanks guys, will call tomorrow and let you know what happened.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by elgato
Thanks guys, will call tomorrow and let you know what happened.
I had the same issue trying to book F from Tokyo to LAX. Was stuck on March 26th for a long time. Just opened up on Wednesday the 22nd of April and grabbed the 2 award seats. Very happy. Be patient and vigilante.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 7:17 am
Original Poster

Seats were now available this morning so I got my 2. Now only 11 months left to wait

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.