Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Having problem crediting rescheduled flight to SQ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2015, 7:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG

Hello,

My UA48 EWR-BOM on Mar. 28th was cancelled for MX problems. It was rescheduled for the next day 16 hours later as a different flight number - UA2096. My SQ FF number was on both boarding passes - it was entered into the booking beforehand. I received the miles for other flights on this trip, except for return IAD-YYZ segment (submitted retroactive claim for this but no response yet).

A few days after I submitted retroactive claim for UA2096, I got the following message from SQ.

We regret that we are unable to process your request due to the reason(s) stated below:

Date of travel Flight Number Flight Sector Reason for No Credit
29-Mar-2015 UA2096 EWR->BOM Your flight is not eligible for accrual due to contractual reasons or legal exclusions

Why is that and how do I get the miles for the flight??? This trip was a paid ticket.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 8:17 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
To be honest you'd be better off posting this in the SQ forum - they know the SQ rules far better than we would.... I think what is likely going on is that SQ has no record of the rescheduled UA flight - so they deny the request for mileage. You may have to call in and speak to someone to get this resolved....
Old Apr 19, 2015, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold

This is an issue you'll have to deal with with SQ as they are the carrier you're getting credit from - UA won't engage you in this, they'll just send you back to SQ.

Though I haven't had exactly the same situation, the best thing to do, IMO, is to get on the phone with KrisFlyer and get them to take detailed notes on the situation to send for retro credit again. If this was UA, it wouldn't be a problem - since you'd just call and request ORC.

Also, I know it's not going to help your situation now, but for the future, when there is a delay like this, I always, always, always call and ask for an alternate routing, and it's almost always done, especially if I can suggest flights I want. Truth is, the length of this flight means it means it's prone to delay faster due to crew since they don't have much leeway - even a short delay can cause the crew to time out. I've been re-routed on this coming the other way, booked BOM-EWR (and then onward to YYZ), where the BOM flight was delayed several hours, I think around 8. In my situation, the delay was crew - the inbound from EWR arriving the night before took a long delay, which was our crew back. A quick call got me booked BOM-ZRH-YYZ on LX/AC, although to be fair, easier to do going back to the U.S. where UA is one of the earlier flights going to Europe/US, so there are lots of other * options to get back (LH/LX/OS, even Tk, if necessary though that departure is a lot later).
Old Apr 19, 2015, 5:45 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
You will need to send in (email or fax) a copy of your itinerary and boarding passes with an explanation that original flight was cancelled. I had similar experience with AI flight (transferred onto Jet flight instead) and it took nearly 6 months and several calls to get the "original routing credit" for the booked AI flight.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG
Thanks everyone. I've called SQ and they asked for boarding passes to be emailed, and now they are saying 3-6 weeks for United to respond.

I did call when I was in line, but there was nothing landing earlier (which is true, based on what I saw online), and all checked bags stayed on the plane overnight. Of course when I got to BOM, the bag was damaged - still having that resolved. But that is a different story.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.