Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

How to visit a cockpit of Singapore Airlines?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2015, 11:45 am
Original Poster

I would like to ask, how to request that you would like to.visit the cockpit in Singapore Airlines (SQ/SIA) flights? Do you need to fill in any form or ask the cabin crew?
Old Apr 10, 2015, 1:05 pm

Programs: FSPP, Impresario, Prive, Virtuoso
Unfortunately I've never had any success with visiting a SQ cockpit. My best result was visiting the stairs going up to the cockpit on an Airbus 380. That was an exception after a few service failures that shouldn't have happened
Old Apr 10, 2015, 6:37 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF

I doubt any airline will allow an inflight cockpit visit- but I've had success politely requesting (through the cabin crew), 'whether the captain would allow a quick peek, post arrival'- on SQ, CX, AI & MH.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 6:52 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
During flight, probably impossible after 9/11.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 7:41 pm

Not possible.

The pilots would be in serious trouble if they allowed such visits.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 8:41 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by shuigao
Been in few times in-flight (won't name the airlines for obvious reasons, but rest assured that none of them was USA based)...

Originally Posted by iluvcruising2
Not possible.

The pilots would be in serious trouble if they allowed such visits.
It is possible pre and/or post flight. Done that so many times I cannot count them, including SQ. Although my Aviation Identification Card probably helps a bit.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 9:09 pm

Programs: NH-SFC, SQ, UA, JL- JGC/Sapphire, AA, DL, IHG-Gold, SPG-Gold, Marriott-gold
Right, I did a pre-flight cockpit visit on a US-based airline after 9/11,
not sure if SQ would allow such an extra request, though.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 9:49 pm

Programs: UA/Premier 1K, Bonvoy/Titanium
I have found US-based airlines very accommodating for pre-flight and/or post-flight cockpit visits on both International and Domestic legs.

SQ might accommodate a visit on the ground at the Captain's discretion, checking with the Cabin Crew upon embarkation (and providing a reason, such as being an aviation enthusiast) will be a good idea. I've met with success on a few occasions.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 12:11 am

Programs: TG*G, SQ, QF
Have discussed this previously with an SQ pilot friend of mine. Its at the captains discretion pre and post flight and absolutely not going to happen during the flight.

However pre-flight he explained they are usually occupied with loading, checklists, routing, ATC, weather etc and will usually reject any requests. Post flight is the best the opportunity. An hour or two before landing ask a member of the cabin crew to submit a request for you via the CSD. And apparently if the flight has an on time or early arrival its more likely to be agreed to
Old Apr 12, 2015, 4:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jagmeets
I doubt any airline will allow an inflight cockpit visit- but I've had success politely requesting (through the cabin crew), 'whether the captain would allow a quick peek, post arrival'- on SQ, CX, AI & MH.
ok thanks
Old Apr 12, 2015, 4:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cmdsea
Have discussed this previously with an SQ pilot friend of mine. Its at the captains discretion pre and post flight and absolutely not going to happen during the flight.

However pre-flight he explained they are usually occupied with loading, checklists, routing, ATC, weather etc and will usually reject any requests. Post flight is the best the opportunity. An hour or two before landing ask a member of the cabin crew to submit a request for you via the CSD. And apparently if the flight has an on time or early arrival its more likely to be agreed to
wow thank you, this is really detailed XD
i might try is the next time i fly
Old Apr 14, 2015, 8:43 pm

have visited SQ A380 flight deck pre-flight. helps that i was flying in R.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 9:58 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by shuigao
The best I have gotten in flight,on any airline, post 9/11 is an FA taking photos with my camera for me. A few years ago I got to see the flight deck of an SQ 777 before departure.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
I did in 1987 on the Lax to SIN route in a 747. I have a picture to proof.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.