Wiki Posts
Search

SIN-MALE on A330-300 Business Class

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2015, 11:34 am
whl
Original Poster

SIN-MALE on A330-300 Business Class

How's the business class? Is it a refitted A330?
Old Mar 30, 2015, 11:51 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, LH FTL, FB Gold, LATAM Black Signature
All A333 are new and configured with the Regional Business Class product.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 11:53 am

Old Mar 31, 2015, 4:16 am

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
I thought so too but this is unfortunately not the case. Was on SIN-MLE last Friday on the evening flight and to my surprise it was a very old C seat...probably angle flat from the 80s I would say.

It really annoys me with the SQ equipment lottery theses days and I see myself flying more and more oneworld due to the constant reshuffle or equipment to Sydney and now even the SIN-MLE sectors get downgraded again to old equipment. SQ just doesn't offer a consistent enough product across all their flights which is a huge disappointment for a "premium" carrier
Old Mar 31, 2015, 6:36 am

Programs: BA Silver
Flights on this date were operated by 777 aircraft, not A330.

All A330 aircraft are new and have the seats pictured above.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by Sydfly

It really annoys me with the SQ equipment lottery theses days and I see myself flying more and more oneworld due to the constant reshuffle or equipment to Sydney and now even the SIN-MLE sectors get downgraded again to old equipment. SQ just doesn't offer a consistent enough product across all their flights which is a huge disappointment for a "premium" carrier
With the exception of BA and CX, all other Oneworld members are also in that same problem: lack of consistency across the board.

QF, QR, AA, UL, LA, JJ, IB,
Old Apr 1, 2015, 12:05 am
whl
Original Poster

I thought so too but this is unfortunately not the case. Was on SIN-MLE last Friday on the evening flight and to my surprise it was a very old C seat...probably angle flat from the 80s I would say.

On your flight last Friday, were you on the 330 or 777?
Old Apr 1, 2015, 1:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GRUflyer
With the exception of BA and CX, all other Oneworld members are also in that same problem: lack of consistency across the board.

QF, QR, AA, UL, LA, JJ, IB,
I thought that IB was 100% horizontal lie flat. There are two versions (like with BA, with the 767 fleet having the old version), but you're always getting a horizontal seat.

But yes, I completely agree with your point, and it's a total pain as they're playing good-night-of-sleep roulette with you.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 6:53 am

I got the old plane as well when I flew SIN- MALE on 27/2.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 8:09 am

The "angle flat from the 80s" is pretty much the same seat as on the 777-300 or A330. The regional biz seat is more modern, yes, but in terms of comfort not much different.
I know enough airlines which are still deploying recliner seats on such mediumhauls.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 11:53 pm

Programs: QF, KLM, BA
I'm considering SQ for a trip to Europe next year. On the way back, I'd be travelling on an A330 from SIN-BNE. I travelled on SQ245 in J in August. That was ok because it was a day time flight. It had the same seats as shown in the photo above. There's also SQ235 and SQ255 which are overnight flights. Do all SQ A330 aircraft have these seats? They were ok for a daytime flight, but not so keen on them for a night time flight where I'd want to sleep.

Maybe they're ok. But to be honest, I think I was spoilt when I'd travelled to SIN on the A380. :-)
Old Oct 18, 2015, 1:43 am

ALL A330 have those Biz seats, i would be more than happy to fly that on an overnight flight of that length, but hey i am easily pleased are rarely fly anything but Y.

You could always take the A380 or 777 to SYD then connect through to Brisbane if the sleep is that important?
Old Oct 18, 2015, 6:50 pm

Programs: QF, KLM, BA
Originally Posted by Firemansam
ALL A330 have those Biz seats, i would be more than happy to fly that on an overnight flight of that length, but hey i am easily pleased are rarely fly anything but Y.

You could always take the A380 or 777 to SYD then connect through to Brisbane if the sleep is that important?
I'm not saying it was a deal breaker by any means. I think I got spoilt by the flight on the A380. :-) This was my first time in J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.