Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

How to book Singapore awards with UA miles or Chase points?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to book Singapore awards with UA miles or Chase points?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2015, 11:22 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Plat
I used Chase points to book an award on SQ. You need to create a Kris Flyer account first and then can view availability of flights. If you see flights that work for you, then transfer miles from Chase - it takes about 2-4 days to post to your Kris Flyer account. There is a risk that the flights will not be there by the time the miles transfer. I was checking my account 3 times a day to see when they posted. Then you can book the flight. One tip is that if there are other flights or saver awards - waitlist those first. You can only waitlist if you have enough points in your account. Then book the award that is available. If the waitlist comes through - then you can call and have them switch the award to the cleared waitlist.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 11:27 am

Is there a cost to switch to a waitlisted award that clears?

Originally Posted by chelsea2
I used Chase points to book an award on SQ. You need to create a Kris Flyer account first and then can view availability of flights. If you see flights that work for you, then transfer miles from Chase - it takes about 2-4 days to post to your Kris Flyer account. There is a risk that the flights will not be there by the time the miles transfer. I was checking my account 3 times a day to see when they posted. Then you can book the flight. One tip is that if there are other flights or saver awards - waitlist those first. You can only waitlist if you have enough points in your account. Then book the award that is available. If the waitlist comes through - then you can call and have them switch the award to the cleared waitlist.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 3:39 pm
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Plat
I think there may have been a $30 charge and also they reversed the fees from the first ticket and charged the updated fees for the second ticket - very small difference.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 6:16 am

Any recent luck finding SQ long haul J via NH booking tool. Last time I booked this was in 2014 and remember routes operated by 772 with the refitted J were bookable. Airports like CPH, FCO, IST, JNB, CHC etc. I am not able to find any availability around 320 days out. June 2017. Or any random month I have been searching.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 8:29 am

I'm looking at booking JFK-FRA using United MP. On United's website, there are no premium nonstop saver awards available for the dates I want to travel. However, on ANA's site, it shows availability on Luf. On SQ website, there is availability for saver krisflyer redemption on another nonstop.

Are these redemptions bookable via United? Or am I looking at this all wrong?

Interestingly, ANA's site did NOT show any Singapore Airlines availability even though there is according to the SQ website.

TIA
Old Feb 27, 2017, 12:41 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by gumercindo
I'm looking at booking JFK-FRA using United MP. On United's website, there are no premium nonstop saver awards available for the dates I want to travel. However, on ANA's site, it shows availability on Luf. On SQ website, there is availability for saver krisflyer redemption on another nonstop.

Are these redemptions bookable via United? Or am I looking at this all wrong?

Interestingly, ANA's site did NOT show any Singapore Airlines availability even though there is according to the SQ website.

TIA
Unfortunately SQ releases almost no premium cabin award space to its partners, so you're unlikely to have much luck with UA miles. Generally those seats are only available when booked directly with KrisFlyer miles.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by augmon
Unfortunately SQ releases almost no premium cabin award space to its partners, so you're unlikely to have much luck with UA miles. Generally those seats are only available when booked directly with KrisFlyer miles.
Got it. So, the best thing to do is to transfer my Chase UR to SQ/krisflyer and book it there?
Old Feb 28, 2017, 2:07 am
Fyd

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by gumercindo
Got it. So, the best thing to do is to transfer my Chase UR to SQ/krisflyer and book it there?
Yes, transfer your points and book on SQ is the best way to get premium seats on SQ. Keep in mind that you'll get a 15% discount on the points you need when booking online - so don't transfer too many points...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.