Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Booking two suite saver awards LAX-NRT with different accounts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2015, 6:17 am
Original Poster

Hello,

I've been reading the forums and haven't found the answer. I apologize if i've over looked it.

A friend and I are wanting to book two suite saver awards for travel April 2016, RT LAX-NRT. He has Amex MR and Chase UR and I have my points in my KrisFlyer account.

Since we are not married or not domestic partners it looks that he will not be able to transfer his MR/UR points into my KrisFlyer acct. I've heard that is difficult to book suite awards for two separately but if you book them together its much easier.

Curious if anyone has a way for us to get on the same flights and get two suite tickets, we'd love to get the saver award and book online for the 15% discount.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much,
Old Mar 26, 2015, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Not sure I understand the difficulty...if you each have enough actual or potential (via his MR and UR points) KrisFlyer miles, couldn't you just log in to the SQ site, see if a given date has two F award seats available, and each obtain your own seat? I wouldn't see a problem with going this route.

Or if only your friend has enough potential miles, couldn't he just obtain the tickets for both of you? (Of course, he'd have to first establish his own KrisFlyer account and transfer his UR/MR points into it.)

Sorry if I'm missing something here.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Thunderroad
Not sure I understand the difficulty...if you each have enough actual or potential (via his MR and UR points) KrisFlyer miles, couldn't you just log in to the SQ site, see if a given date has two F award seats available, and each obtain your own seat? I wouldn't see a problem with going this route.

Or if only your friend has enough potential miles, couldn't he just obtain the tickets for both of you? (Of course, he'd have to first establish his own KrisFlyer account and transfer his UR/MR points into it.)

Sorry if I'm missing something here.
Sorry, let me clarify. In doing my investigating in booking 2 suite saver award class tickets I have found numerous posting where people say that haven't been able to book 2 tickets separately, even when searching and they see two seats are available, once one award seat is booked, the other becomes unavailable. I'm seeing that it's best to book 2 award seats under one account at the same time. Does that make sense? So my fear is, if I book my ticket, and then my friends goes to book theirs, they won't be able to because some Singapore ticketing thing causes the second ticket to disappear.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 11:48 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Just did this the other day without any issues. I used 2 computers to simultaneously book the tickets at the same time.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 3:01 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Yes the trick is to do book them together at the same time.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 5:03 am
Original Poster

Thank you so much, we'll give that a shot
Old Mar 27, 2015, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by calguy77
Sorry, let me clarify. In doing my investigating in booking 2 suite saver award class tickets I have found numerous posting where people say that haven't been able to book 2 tickets separately, even when searching and they see two seats are available, once one award seat is booked, the other becomes unavailable. I'm seeing that it's best to book 2 award seats under one account at the same time. Does that make sense? So my fear is, if I book my ticket, and then my friends goes to book theirs, they won't be able to because some Singapore ticketing thing causes the second ticket to disappear.
Oh, I see. Hope the good advice you got from others means it all works out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.