Search

LHR-SIN-CHC

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2015, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
LHR-SIN-CHC

So, booked my tickets for our first ever flight on SQ in Y for a Christmas visit to NZ. We are SQ321 then SQ297 which only gives us an hour connection. I am sure I am not going to be the only person in the world that is doing, or has done, this so wondered what people's experience of it was. I assume that there is a transit lounge area, or do I have to clear passport control (all British passport holders, plus 2 dual NZ passport holders) ? Any other hints/tips that might be useful for this flight ? Thanks.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 5:23 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
You don't need to clear immigration when transiting in SIN. Changi airport has a shared arrivals/departures hallway/loungeway so you'd exit your arriving gate and just walk to your departing gate for boarding.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 7:43 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
If your flight from LHR is on time, this wouldn't be considered a tight connection at Changi. It effectively gives you about 45 mins to make it from your inbound flight to the gate where the CHC flight is departing from, as gates close 10 mins before departure. Which should be plenty of time.

The other thing is that unlike most airports, security is at the gate, rather than at a central point. This means that when you get off your first flight you are already in departures area of the airport, and you don't have to queue with lots of other passengers who may have much later flights. You may face a queue at the departure gate, but in most cases* this will be for your flight anyway, so no need to worry about that too much.

*only exception is for areas with multiple gates. If you are running late for some reason (such as the LHR flight arriving late), and you are leaving from one of these multiple gates and faced with a long queue, avoid the queue and approach security and point out you are on the flight leaving in 15 mins, not 90 mins. Usually they will let you then jump the queue. In other words ... don't worry!
Old Mar 24, 2015, 7:32 pm

Programs: SQ [TPP 20]
As others point out 1 hour for transit in Singapore is pretty routine. However, you do run a risk of departure delay out of LHR upsetting the connection. If there are a number of pax on SQ321 also wishing to connect to SQ297 [possible at that time of year] they may hold the connecting flight.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 4:20 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by SQveteran
As others point out 1 hour for transit in Singapore is pretty routine. However, you do run a risk of departure delay out of LHR upsetting the connection. If there are a number of pax on SQ321 also wishing to connect to SQ297 [possible at that time of year] they may hold the connecting flight.
yes, and failing that SQ285 to Auckland departs later in the evening.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.