Wiki Posts
Search

Question About A380 Suites Seating

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2015, 7:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors, Hyatt GP, Marriott, Varying Levels w/ UA /AF /DL /SQ /AA
Question About A380 Suites Seating

Quick question I have after doing a search and not finding the answer.

Flying SIN-FRA-JFK.

Is it possible to be preassigned two middle seats SIN-FRA (overnight flight, one doesn't need windows), and then two window seats FRA-JFK (daylight flight, windows make sense)? It doesn't seem to discuss on the SQ website, so I figured I'd as here before I called SQ...

Last edited by TravelinWilly; Apr 4, 2015 at 1:40 pm
Old Mar 23, 2015, 10:25 pm

Programs: AS gold
Might be difficult to get different seats on the same flight number. As the two middle seats together are in short supply, I would reserve them all the way through and then when you get to Frankfurt, ask the agent to change your seats. Or speak to the purser, who might be able to orchestrate it for you on arrival FRA. Or if all else fails, there will most likely be a couple on the FRA-JFK segment who would switch with you.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors, Hyatt GP, Marriott, Varying Levels w/ UA /AF /DL /SQ /AA
Thank you very much for the great advice, macfadsj!

And apologies for following up.

I think that's exactly what I'm going to do. I've not ever found the SQ FRA-JFK segment to be full, so it's highly likely window seats will be available.

Finally, I actually did call SQ, and the agent informed me that it is not possible to assign different seats, so you were correct on that. Which is strange, as I would think the key for a flight/seats would be 1) Airline/carrier, 2) Flight number, 3) Date of departure, and 4) Segment/city-pair. But hey, live and learn!

And thanks again for the great suggestion!

Last edited by TravelinWilly; Apr 4, 2015 at 1:46 pm
Old Apr 6, 2015, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
In Suites they were happy to let me move. I booked 2A and 3A and hubby loves a window seat. They asked if we wanted to move to the middle seats as the flight was not full. I said I was happy where I was. So if the load is light you might be in luck anyway.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 3:26 am

Programs: SQ *G, SPG Plat, IHG Plat, Le Accor Silver, Marriott Plat
Yes if cabin is empty they are very flexible with you moving. Eg moving to the window for your meals and leave your bed untouched (if you choose to go to sleep immediately).

So def no issue with moving around Cabin just ask FAs when boarding. Enjoy your flight!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.