Community
Wiki Posts
Search

17 year old traveling alone

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2015, 10:29 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: EK Plat, UA GS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Amex Centurion
17 year old traveling alone

Hey everyone

My friends 17 year old son is flying DEL-SIN-SFO (through ICN) in Suites/First. He's flown alone many times so definitely doesn't need any UM service or any assistance.
But when they booked his ticket it said he has to fill out the assistance and handling form and hand it in at check in.
Can someone explain what that is for since he doesn't need the UM service or any assistance?
And who is the "witness" as said on the form?

Also, I found a thread from a while ago regarding this same form, and it mentioned that the parent needs to drop the passenger off at the airport.
Is this true even if he doesn't want the UM services? His parents will not be there so he will be checking in alone.

Will he have any problems? They are gonna call SQ to confirm but I just wanted to find out any info here on FT first.

Also, he will have access to the lounges in DEL, SIN and ICN right?

Thanks for any help!

Last edited by Emirates202; Mar 16, 2015 at 5:42 pm
Old Mar 16, 2015, 6:03 pm

Programs: UA/Premier 1K, Bonvoy/Titanium
The form you are referring to is a waiver form- it waives SQ of responsibility to provide UM assistance to a 12-18 year old child.

The parents will need to sign the form in front of a SQ officer/representative "witness" at the local ticket office or at the airport. I recommend requesting for a certified true copy that the child can carry with him on day of travel to avoid problems.

His parents do not need to drop him off if the form has been signed and submitted in advance. He will have lounge access as F pax throughout the journey.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 6:17 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: EK Plat, UA GS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by kohswisscheese
The form you are referring to is a waiver form- it waives SQ of responsibility to provide UM assistance to a 12-18 year old child.

The parents will need to sign the form in front of a SQ officer/representative "witness" at the local ticket office or at the airport. I recommend requesting for a certified true copy that the child can carry with him on day of travel to avoid problems.

His parents do not need to drop him off if the form has been signed and submitted in advance. He will have lounge access as F pax throughout the journey.
Thanks for the reply! My friend called SQ and was told that the witness part was unnecessary so no need to fill it out. But I feel like your advice is probably better.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 8:12 am

Programs: CX DM
Originally Posted by Emirates202
Thanks for the reply! My friend called SQ and was told that the witness part was unnecessary so no need to fill it out. But I feel like your advice is probably better.
Just fill out the form and get your wife to be the witness. This is what I did for my children who shuttled between LHR and SIN for 4 years. Never had a problem except for when the age for a minor went from 17 to 18.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.