Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Award availability on individual segments but not direct flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2015, 9:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/*G

I am looking for KF availability AAA-CCC and saver is WL only.

However, AAA-CCC is a "direct' flight that stops at BBB.

There is saver availability AAA-BBB and BBB-CCC that day, but not on the direct AAA-CCC. I would book the two segment separately, but it's more miles that way.

Any suggestions? If I call SQ can they fix?
Old Jan 31, 2015, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by chiph
I am looking for KF availability AAA-CCC and saver is WL only. However, AAA-CCC is a "direct' flight that stops at BBB.
There is saver availability AAA-BBB and BBB-CCC that day, but not on the direct AAA-CCC. I would book the two segment separately, but it's more miles that way.
Any suggestions? If I call SQ can they fix?
It's a married (or unmarried) segment thing and determined by the brilliant minds at SQ RM.

But, I have been able to get a KF agent to approve and ticket something similar: Recently booked AKL-SIN-LAX when only AKL-SIN and SIN-LAX were available on their own and despite SQ.com warning AKL-LAX "not allowed due to back-tracking". I'm assuming that you are looking at either SFO-ICN/HKG-SIN or LAX-NRT-SIN. I would certainly call the KF centre and try. As with most airline agents, some KF agents are better and more willing than others.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/*G
Thanks. I called and she issued AAA-BBB-CCC at the same mileage as AAA-CCC so I'm all set.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.