Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Online award booking not showing all connection options

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2015, 3:47 am
Original Poster

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)

I've been playing with the online award booking tool for a C redemption SYD-LHR and while there are 4 flights a day between SYD and SIN it only ever shows me connections to LHR with 6 or 8h layover in SIN even though there are much better connections available with only a 2-3h connection time.

Searching for both sectors individually shows availability on the better connection flights but they don't come up online. Is it possible to force the website to show these flights or do I have to call Krisflyer and then would they match the 15% online discount? Just seems a waste of time that you can't book the better connections online...unless they prefer people not to book these on points...
Old Jan 28, 2015, 6:52 am

Programs: EK - Silver; Accor - Silver; O6 - Gold; BAEC - Silver; Flying Blue; SPG; Krisflyer
Redemption bookings are subjected to release of seats & flights.

Meaning if the better connection is available, then it will depend on how well they are filling the flight with full fare paying pax. Normally the popular flights will only be released very close to the date, if they want to fill the remaining empty seats.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 3:09 am
Original Poster

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
Maybe I wasn't quite clear but there are seats available on the better flights if you look up the legs individually. But they never show up if you search for the entire journey...not even waitlisted or showing full....they just don't come up. I'm thinking that maybe the online tool only displays say 5 or 6 connection options and if there are more theoretically they are just not shown.

My question is whether the phone team would be able to book those seats and still honour the 15% online discount.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.