Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

A380 First Class Saver Award - No Availability?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2015, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat, US Air Silver, JPM Palladium

Hi all - I understand that the SQ releases 1 (maybe 2) saver F seats for LAX-NRT. Using KVS tool, there is 0 availability for every single flight that is searchable (330 days out). I also verified a few of these days on their website and it is all on a waitlist basis. Has something changed to anyones knowledge?

I was looking a couple weeks ago and there was availability for at least 1 pax over a few days in the summer...

Thank you guys in advance for your help!!
Old Jan 14, 2015, 4:53 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Originally Posted by kethee
Hi all - I understand that the SQ releases 1 (maybe 2) saver F seats for LAX-NRT. Using KVS tool, there is 0 availability for every single flight that is searchable (330 days out). I also verified a few of these days on their website and it is all on a waitlist basis.
Have you tried the [Power Search]?
There are Award Seats available on 17 Jan, for example:

[KVS Tool 7.7.4/Diamond - Awards/SQ]
Code:
LAX  Los Angeles Intl CA US [KLAX]
NRT  Tokyo Narita Intl JP [RJAA]
SAT  17 Jan 2015 | 1 Seat

Carrier    Flight  From  Depart    To    Arrive    A/C  St  Award Availability
---------  ------  ----  --------  ----  --------  ---  --  -------------------------------------
SQ         11      LAX   14:20     NRT   19:05 +1  388  0   FA+ FM+ FS+  CA+ CM+ CS@  YA+ YM+ YS+
Old Jan 15, 2015, 7:42 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply and info! Im actually looking for any day in the summer, but I did try using power search and didnt return anything. I may be setting the criteria incorrectly...would the "availability required in class" be "FS?"

Also, if youre a representative for KVS, might I comment that the captcha's during power search are really taxing. Otherwise I really like the tool!!

Thanks again!
Old Jan 15, 2015, 1:26 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Thanks for the reply and info! Im actually looking for any day in the summer,
Are you using the [Awards/SQ] Method for SQ Awards on 380 A/C?

but I did try using power search and didnt return anything.
There are seats on 01 Aug, for example:

[KVS Tool 7.7.4/Diamond - Awards/SQ]
Code:
LAX  Los Angeles Intl CA US [KLAX]
NRT  Tokyo Narita Intl JP [RJAA]
SAT  01 Aug 2015 | 1 Seat

Carrier    Flight  From  Depart    To    Arrive    A/C  St  Award Availability
---------  ------  ----  --------  ----  --------  ---  --  -------------------------------------
SQ         11      LAX   15:45     NRT   19:15 +1  388  0   FA+ FM+ FS+  CA+ CM- CS@  YA+ YM+ YS@
I may be setting the criteria incorrectly...would the "availability required in class" be "FS?"
That is correct.

Also, if youre a representative for KVS, might I comment that the captcha's during power search are really taxing. Otherwise I really like the tool!!
The only Engine that may request CAPTCHAs is [Awards/StarAlliance] and it should not be used for SQ 380 Awards anyway.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 3:22 pm

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
KVS does provide information on availability for SQ First Awards. The SQ site will search day by day. The SQ mobile site will search +/- 3 days.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 7:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KVS
Are you using the [Awards/SQ] Method for SQ Awards on 380 A/C?
no...that was the problem, thank you!!!

Originally Posted by KVS
The only Engine that may request CAPTCHAs is [Awards/StarAlliance] and it should not be used for SQ 380 Awards anyway.
This is exactly what I was doing...

Thank you everyone for your help and responses!
Old Jan 20, 2015, 3:08 pm

I'm having a similar problem in my thread below trying to redeem sfo-hkg. It seems like they've made everything watch listed? Any insight if one could still get two F or J tix sfo-hkg up front?
Old Jan 20, 2015, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
IME, there are no definitive rules for how many seats SQ releases, when they release them and on which flights. Searching SQ.com and hoping are your best tools. But in general, the further in advance, the better your chances.

To/from west coast US, LAX-NRT/SIN is probably the most difficult to find two Saver seats, with SFO-ICN/SIN and SFO-HKG/SIN the easiest.

I had no problem recently finding two Saver seats on or around our desired dates next November and December on SIN-FRA-JFK and SIN-NRT-LAX. And SIN-SFO was available more days than not.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by SFO777
IME, there are no definitive rules for how many seats SQ releases, when they release them and on which flights. Searching SQ.com and hoping are your best tools. But in general, the further in advance, the better your chances.

To/from west coast US, LAX-NRT/SIN is probably the most difficult to find two Saver seats, with SFO-ICN/SIN and SFO-HKG/SIN the easiest.

I had no problem recently finding two Saver seats on or around our desired dates next November and December on SIN-FRA-JFK and SIN-NRT-LAX. And SIN-SFO was available more days than not.
I'm looking for Dec10-Jan 7 last week in f and J from sfo-hkg and found 0. That was about as far out as possible. In the past I'd always able to find some availablity this route. Not sure if it's because of the holidays?
Old Jan 20, 2015, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by hqly2001
I'm looking for Dec10-Jan 7 last week in f and J from sfo-hkg and found 0. That was about as far out as possible. In the past I'd always able to find some availablity this route. Not sure if it's because of the holidays?
Check your PM.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 4:15 pm

Programs: SQ QPP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Taj Inner Circle Gold
Originally Posted by hqly2001
J is extremely difficult to get on all European and American routes.
I have given up long ago.

Go for F and Suites - much easier. Even the waitlists will clear faster.

For J, they will wait till within a few days of the flight then clear. And J is frequently fully booked.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by SQueeze
J is extremely difficult to get on all European and American routes.
I have given up long ago.

Go for F and Suites - much easier. Even the waitlists will clear faster.

For J, they will wait till within a few days of the flight then clear. And J is frequently fully booked.
Tx,

Will waitlist for F clear much sooner? I'm booking for next Jan, if I waitlist F saver, would i have to wait until when they release more saver seats 5-10 days before the departure date? I don't think they would process the waitlist sooner than 1-2 weeks out right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.