77WN now flying to...

Old Nov 19, 2016, 9:11 am
dkr

Programs: SQ, QF, VA
Is it the case now that any 77W in 4 class config has the new J?

Looking at SQ327 MUC-SIN in Jan, which when I flew SIN-MUC-SIN in Oct last year was 77WN going up and 77W (old J) coming back. Flying SIN-DUS on the A359, and coming back, have the choice between departing either MUC or DUS again. Want the new product, and all the recent sectors have been operated by 4F/48J, but today it's being operated by SWA, which is an older config (unless it's come out of refit since mid year?).
Old Nov 19, 2016, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by dkr
Is it the case now that any 77W in 4 class config has the new J?

Looking at SQ327 MUC-SIN in Jan, which when I flew SIN-MUC-SIN in Oct last year was 77WN going up and 77W (old J) coming back. Flying SIN-DUS on the A359, and coming back, have the choice between departing either MUC or DUS again. Want the new product, and all the recent sectors have been operated by 4F/48J, but today it's being operated by SWA, which is an older config (unless it's come out of refit since mid year?).
9V-SWA is not an older configuration -- it's a 77WR. SQ327/328 are virtually 100% certain to be performed by 77WR aircraft.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 5:59 am

Programs: IHG Spire | Marriott Plat | UA Plat | AA Plat Pro
There have been irregular equipment swaps to MNL the past few weeks (wonder what's happening). 9V-SWW just flew me to SIN and SWR, SWD, SWG and SWW serviced SQ 917 the past few days. If this because of the pull out of certain routes last October like SQ15/16 so they now have 77W's just sitting around?
Old Nov 22, 2016, 9:57 am

Programs: BA, SQ, CX
Hello everyone - a quick question from me and would really appreciate if someone could enlighten me.

I'm due to fly on SQ319 from LHR - SIN and then SQ318 SIN - LHR in 2 weeks' time; I deliberately booked these flights as I have researched that these will be in the "new" business class config. However when I went to 'Manage My Booking' today to choose seats, I noticed from the seating map that there are signs both flights are in the 'old' config (see below - row 14 being first row of main cabin instead of last row of mini cabin). Does anyone know why this is - have they changed the equipment for these flights?? Thanks!!

Old Nov 22, 2016, 11:02 am

Programs: IHG Spire | Marriott Plat | UA Plat | AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by wheniamawake
Hello everyone - a quick question from me and would really appreciate if someone could enlighten me.

I'm due to fly on SQ319 from LHR - SIN and then SQ318 SIN - LHR in 2 weeks' time; I deliberately booked these flights as I have researched that these will be in the "new" business class config. However when I went to 'Manage My Booking' today to choose seats, I noticed from the seating map that there are signs both flights are in the 'old' config (see below - row 14 being first row of main cabin instead of last row of mini cabin). Does anyone know why this is - have they changed the equipment for these flights?? Thanks!!

The new business class comes in 2 configurations, mainly

A. 4 First class seats with a 3 row mini-J cabin - Premium Economy available
B. 8 First class seats with a 2 row mini-J cabin - No Premium Economy

Maybe someone who flies the SIN-LHR route regularly can voice in since I usually do asia and transpac flights.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 11:04 am

Programs: BA, SQ, CX
Originally Posted by TravelwhileyouEat
The new business class comes in 2 configurations, mainly

A. 4 First class seats with a 3 row mini-J cabin - Premium Economy available
B. 8 First class seats with a 2 row mini-J cabin - No Premium Economy
Ah, I see - thank you. I was a bit thrown off by the "15.4 or 18 inch screen" because last time when I saw that in the seating chart from a HKG - SIN flight, the seats turned out to be the old generation J class.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 11:44 am

Yeah that's the older business seat. It happens from time to time on the LHR sectors.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 6:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Looking to fly Business on flights 305 (LHR-SIN) and 306 (SIN-LHR) in July next year. Trying to decide whether to take these flights or get the A380 flights; what is the chance that 305/306 will have the new business class? Will all 777-300ERs be upgraded by July?
Old Dec 22, 2016, 11:35 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS, BA Silver
Originally Posted by oceanscape
Looking to fly Business on flights 305 (LHR-SIN) and 306 (SIN-LHR) in July next year. Trying to decide whether to take these flights or get the A380 flights; what is the chance that 305/306 will have the new business class? Will all 777-300ERs be upgraded by July?
If flying the new J is your priority, then go for the 77W flights, because none of the A380s have been (or will be?) upgraded.

Hmm as far as I know all my SQ 306 flights these year have been the new J aircraft with PE.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 1:55 pm

I managed to book SIN-PEK SQ 806 on an award recently which according to Expertflyer is a 77w. I see very little reports on this route however and on the hardware, anyone with any experience from it?
Old Jan 11, 2017, 2:21 pm

Newest F and J at the moment. Unless you get swapped out to a 773.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 10:22 am

What is the F seat configuaration (old or new) on the newly rerouted SIN-ICN-LAX (SQ8)?
Old Jan 15, 2017, 10:23 am

Programs: SQ & QF
Originally Posted by CHSDOC
What is the F seat configuaration (old or new) on the newly rerouted SIN-ICN-LAX (SQ8)?
New F.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 10:22 pm

Programs: UA MP, NW WP, AA
Do LAX-NRT and LAX-ICN get the new J products?
Old Jan 24, 2017, 3:16 am

Programs: SQ KF Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat
Had a question on the new configs but figured might be easier to post here than to start a new thread - for flights with 4J seats only, will Saver redemptions ever become available? I have done a fair bit of searching and so far it only shows Standard awards and does not even allow me the option of waitlisting for a Saver.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.