Singapore waitlist?

Old Jan 6, 2015, 7:44 am
Original Poster

Singapore waitlist?

I recently started a Krisflyer account. I am hoping to book 2 saver suites tickets to Frankfurt next summer. I see it just says "waitlist" on the site. Can anyone give me some clarity as to how that works? We are travelling to spain, but i cant find any good flights to spain, so im hoping to try the suites and then just connect from Frankfurt to Madrid.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 6:37 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Le Club Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
Hey Neuman, done a small piece on this if it helps: Waitlist with Singapore Airlines
Old Jan 7, 2015, 6:46 pm

Programs: SQ QPP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Taj Inner Circle Gold
Originally Posted by neuman101
I recently started a Krisflyer account. I am hoping to book 2 saver suites tickets to Frankfurt next summer. I see it just says "waitlist" on the site. Can anyone give me some clarity as to how that works? We are travelling to spain, but i cant find any good flights to spain, so im hoping to try the suites and then just connect from Frankfurt to Madrid.
FRA is the worst for waitlisting. If it ever clears, will be in the last week before the flight or so. More likely, it won't clear since you hold no status with SQ.

Go for Paris or Zurich. You may not even need to waitlist. I believe CDG-MAD and ZRH-MAD will be cheaper than any flights ex-FRA.

Do you already have enough miles? since you stated that you just started a KF account.

Best regards,
Old Jan 8, 2015, 9:52 am
Original Poster

I already have enough miles in chase. I would transfer them to Krisflyer. But I assume that i would have to transfer the miles and then sit on a waitlist until it clears? And then if it doesnt, i am screwed right so this does not sound like a good option.

Originally Posted by SQueeze
FRA is the worst for waitlisting. If it ever clears, will be in the last week before the flight or so. More likely, it won't clear since you hold no status with SQ.

Go for Paris or Zurich. You may not even need to waitlist. I believe CDG-MAD and ZRH-MAD will be cheaper than any flights ex-FRA.

Do you already have enough miles? since you stated that you just started a KF account.

Best regards,
Old Jan 8, 2015, 5:16 pm

I already have enough miles in chase. I would transfer them to Krisflyer. But I assume that i would have to transfer the miles and then sit on a waitlist until it clears? And then if it doesnt, i am screwed right so this does not sound like a good option.
Plenty of saver seats are available for CDG and ZRGH routes. But if this is for summer I am not sure.

Even if you waitlist, chances of CDG and ZRH clearing are also much higher. I waitlisted last September for both and both cleared a week before.

I also waitlisted last September for FRA but it didn't clear. That flight could be full since it is doing SIN-FRA-JFK run which is their most premium.

And if you want to increase your chances of it clearing, also pick a mid-week departure and not Friday nights or Sunday nights. Good luck.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 11:15 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Remember wait lists are not forever. They get auto cancelled if not cleared and ticketed by the wait list deadline. You will have to go back in and waitlist again, subjec to availability then
Old Jan 9, 2015, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by SingaporeDon
Quote:

Remember wait lists are not forever. They get auto cancelled if not cleared and ticketed by the wait list deadline. You will have to go back in and waitlist again, subjec to availability then
But I always manage to extend the ticketing deadline even to the point of lifting the deadline in some cases (can waitlist till flight departure). Must call to do so
Old Feb 12, 2015, 11:24 pm

How long are the wait lists valid? When I called today, the agent informed me that it was good until the day of flight. Also, which number do you call to see if they can expedite the wait list? I tried calling (800) 742-3333 to no avail.

Originally Posted by SingaporeDon
Old Feb 14, 2015, 5:19 pm

Programs: Krisflyer
Hi all,

Quick question. I have a business saver waitlist and and confirmed flight on the same day. If i ticket the confirmed flight, and the waitlist clears, are there any charges if i confirm the waitlisted flight and cancel the previously confirmed flight?
Old Feb 26, 2015, 1:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 8 MM, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond
Can you book and confirm a Standard award and waitlist a Saver on the same flight? thanks
Old Feb 28, 2015, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by Mad4Miles
Can you book and confirm a Standard award and waitlist a Saver on the same flight? thanks
Yes, I have a confirmed and waitlisted booking on the same flight.

Miles will be deducted for confirmed flights only.

Once waitlist flight has cleared you will be notified by email and have a limited time to confirm the flights, you then book the cleared flights.

Don't forget to cancel your confirmed flight.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 6:16 pm
HB7

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
It seems as though if you'd like to wait-list a seat, you need enough points for that booking. If you want to waitlist a seat AND book a seat on a different date, does this mean you need to have twice the amount of miles for this reward?

I know when you are on a waitlist the points are not deducted from your account, however do you have to have the required amount of points in your account to hold the seat?
Old Feb 28, 2015, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by HB7
It seems as though if you'd like to wait-list a seat, you need enough points for that booking. If you want to waitlist a seat AND book a seat on a different date, does this mean you need to have twice the amount of miles for this reward?

I know when you are on a waitlist the points are not deducted from your account, however do you have to have the required amount of points in your account to hold the seat?
No, you can Waitlist as many as you want

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.