Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

How much PRIVACY in the first class suite? ;)

Old Dec 11, 2014, 6:38 pm
Original Poster

It seems like with these SQ F suites, you could almost do "anything" you wanted inside without anyone noticing.

How much privacy do you really get in these suites?

On a related note, are any of you "mile high club" members?
Old Dec 11, 2014, 7:02 pm

Programs: SQ QPP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Taj Inner Circle Gold
It is not fully enclosed you know.

The partitions are slightly higher than most people's eye level but not impossible to tip toe up and peep through.

The window shades are kept open during take off and landing, and even when they are down there are enough gaps where crew can look through ( i believe only in case of suspicious behaviour or suspected emergency).

The window shades and the door screens are not solid but made of paper/fabric similar to japanese screens.

Good luck if you want to join the mile-high club.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 7:04 pm
Original Poster

I see. Good to know. LOL.

I guess perhaps you still need a private jet to do it properly.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 8:04 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
How about the shower room on EK F ?
Old Dec 11, 2014, 9:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HMPS
How about the shower room on EK F ?
would it be possible to go in together?

How does one get into the EK F using miles (because I'm too poor to pay revenue)?
Old Dec 11, 2014, 10:38 pm

Programs: AC: E50K, AP: dDiamond
Alaska miles would work. They do not allow you to go in together but if you were super stealthy might be able to get two people in there - there is definitely lots of room once you're inside and you have 30 minutes!
Old Dec 11, 2014, 11:00 pm

Programs: SQ QPP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Taj Inner Circle Gold

I don't know about EK and I will only know after feb when I try their F product.

But on SQ, F crew is on the ball throughout to anticipate your needs and they will pay close attention. For example, everytime you go to toilet, they will know and they will tidy up the bed so when you return, everything is neat already.

Good luck trying to escape their attention
Old Dec 11, 2014, 11:12 pm

Programs: Delta P, SPG G, Marriott S, Hertz PC
I am sure plenty of folks can and have...

Ok, what about the Ethiad or Quatar Residences? THAT is privacy. =)

but unless you are a "screamer", I think you can easily get by.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 1:08 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
God I wish I had some peoples' problems...
Old Dec 12, 2014, 1:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vbroucek
God I wish I had some peoples' problems...
trying to seek privacy while in the air?
Old Dec 12, 2014, 5:57 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
When travelling by myself on a day flight with bed made up I was rather surprised that the FA twice 'popped in' to ensure my Dom was topped up without knocking.

Maybe in the double beds, with the DND signs (do they exist I can't remember?) and utter discretion it may be possible, but work on the basis that the SQ FA's know EVERYTHING that is happening in the cabin!

Would help if your other half doesn't normally replicate Meg Ryan from When Harry Met Sally as well
Old Dec 12, 2014, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by lowside67
They do not allow you to go in together but if you were super stealthy might be able to get two people in there - there is definitely lots of room once you're inside and you have 30 minutes!
There is no stated rule about not allowing two people in together into the EK shower/lav room. Plus there is absolutely no way for FAs to police it. Both showers are at the front of the F cabin behind a curtain. The area is unmanned and contains a small unmanned minibar area and stairs going down to Y. There is no time limit to being in the lav, but there is a 4 minute limit on showers, on a timed auto shutoff.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 6:56 am

Programs: AC: E50K, AP: dDiamond
Originally Posted by SFO777
There is no stated rule about not allowing two people in together into the EK shower/lav room. Plus there is absolutely no way for FAs to police it. Both showers are at the front of the F cabin behind a curtain. The area is unmanned and contains a small unmanned minibar area and stairs going down to Y. There is no time limit to being in the lav, but there is a 4 minute limit on showers, on a timed auto shutoff.
That was not my experience. There was a designated staff member who basically did nothing but look after the two F bathrooms. She was responsible for booking your "slot" (which is 30 minutes, although I think it's unlikely they would make a big deal out of being too long as F clients) and water was for 5. She definitely came and got me when it was my slot, showed me around, and then left. When I was done, she was waiting inside that little bar area and immediately went into clean, take towels away, etc.

I asked the FA about 2 in the shower since there is a sign on each door that says "max 2 occupants" but she said that is solely in the case of a disabled passenger, otherwise their policy is 100% 1 person at a time.

Mark
Old Dec 12, 2014, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by lowside67
That was not my experience. There was a designated staff member who basically did nothing but look after the two F bathrooms. She was responsible for booking your "slot" (which is 30 minutes, although I think it's unlikely they would make a big deal out of being too long as F clients) and water was for 5. She definitely came and got me when it was my slot, showed me around, and then left. When I was done, she was waiting inside that little bar area and immediately went into clean, take towels away, etc.
While it is true that the "shower attendant" is there during shower time, that is generally only in the last few hours of a flight. IME, no one polices the lavs outside of shower time. Of course the entire argument is academic in my case as Mrs. SFO has already informed me that we would not be joining the mile high club.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 11:04 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by SFO777
While it is true that the "shower attendant" is there during shower time, that is generally only in the last few hours of a flight. IME, no one polices the lavs outside of shower time. Of course the entire argument is academic in my case as Mrs. SFO has already informed me that we would not be joining the mile high club.
Yeah ! quoting Jay Leno " What does a woman do after two minutes ?".

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.