Search

newbie questions on Suites/First

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2014, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON

dear all,

my search did not come back with a real answer so I'm relying on your advice.

Will soon be flying FRA-SIN-MEL in Suites/First.

1. Seats: Anything wrong with 1A on either the A380 or the 77W? I guess not?

2. Food: I'm a pescatarian so anything vegetarian or with seafood will do for me. Would you rather book a BTC or a SFML (any sample menus?)?

Thanks in advance!

Ben
Old Dec 9, 2014, 9:05 pm

Programs: VS/BA/CX/EK
Some people don't like the proximity of the stairs to 1A and 1F on the A380, but having just flown SIN-AKL in 1F there was no issue (the stairs are roped off for pax) and the Suite felt very private.

Although I've not flown the 77W, consensus seems to be that row 2 is better than row 1 in First class due to the shape of the bed.

I'd always suggest BTC if there is something you like: there are a limited number of pescatarian options from FRA but more from SIN. In terms of starters etc. then you shouldn't have too many problems: I've found there's usually been seafood options available.

BC
Old Dec 9, 2014, 9:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON

Great, thank you!
Old Dec 10, 2014, 1:01 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by BlackCat
I'd always suggest BTC if there is something you like
Second this. If you want to be 100% sure of getting a fish/seafood option then book the cook. You can always change your mind onboard if something on the menu appeals more.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 7:30 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, CX MPO DM
Hi there,

You could also ask for the menu in advance via the online feedback page - I have managed to procure this 80% of the time, usually about 4 weeks before to the flight. That way you could make an informed decision.

A note about 1A or 1F for that matter: there was a flight where the front cabin light was turned off and that vast space in front of 1A, the stairs and 1F looked rather discomforting to me.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 9:01 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Marco Polo Gold, Accor Platinum, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by daumueller
1. Seats: Anything wrong with 1A on either the A380 or the 77W? I guess not?
Personally, best seat on A380 for me is 3A or 3F = the only ones with 3 full windows. Also, if load is light the FA will make up the bed for you on 3C/3D.

Enjoy...
Old Jan 5, 2015, 4:17 pm

Programs: DL, AA, UA, SPG Gold, HH Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Asiange
Personally, best seat on A380 for me is 3A or 3F = the only ones with 3 full windows. Also, if load is light the FA will make up the bed for you on 3C/3D.

Enjoy...
They won't make up the bed for other seats?
Old Jan 5, 2015, 6:07 pm
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by greenythebeast
Quote:

They won't make up the bed for other seats?
Just means you have one seat for sitting in and another for sleeping in.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 3:15 am

Programs: TK*G, QR Gold, VA Gold, NZ Gold
I stayed in 3F and it was the best choice i reckon. and if you're lucky like me - i was the only one in the Suites so they turned the middle Suites into double bed! 2F I use for dining

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.