Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

J to F upgrade on SQ306 for 45k LifeMiles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2014, 2:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ KrisFlyer Elite Gold

I'm sitting on 64,000 LifeMiles, and it turns out I can use 45,000 of them for an upgrade from J to F on SQ306 in the next couple of days.

Does anyone have any thoughts on whether I should do it?

I could obviously save the miles for another award redemption, or perhaps an upgrade on a 77WN or 380, but I imagine those (the latter upgrades) might be harder to come by.

Oh, also, I only have a 55 minute layover in SIN, so my ability to enjoy TPR would be limited.
Old Dec 6, 2014, 4:59 am

Personally I would save the miles - it's one of those flights you really want to maximise the sleeping time, and the J seat is (at least to me) sufficient for that purpose.

Obviously the sleeping quality will be better in F - the bed suface is wider and the mattress makes a big difference. (And obviously the catering differences etc which needs no mention)

It's up to you to decide whether the incremental difference in that quality is worth the upgrade, I guess.
Old Dec 6, 2014, 5:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ KrisFlyer Elite Gold
Good point; I didn't consider that. I'll probably save the miles, which is what I was inclined to do in the first place. I just had second thoughts since I wasn't too sure what else I would do with my stash of LifeMiles...
Old Dec 6, 2014, 7:17 am

Not worth it. SQ306 is operated by 77W and the F is not that superior over the J in that particular plane. The seat feels almost identical even ther is much larger legroom. I would honestly save the miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.