Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade vs reissue ticket.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2014, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Upgrade vs reissue ticket.

Hello,
I have a problem which maybe some of you know how to solve it.
I bought SQ, Y ticket in one of the most expensive tariffs. Then I wanted to upgrade it. Because of heavy season I was waitlisted. When I remind them on email how long does it take, because it was quite long time, I got answer: Your reservation is already upgraded to C please contact office to reissue ticket.
On their web I can see already the changes. It says, C class is confirmed. I also send an email to reservation office saying what I should to do next. In a reply I got just itinerary from Amadeus. Same thing I can see online via SQ web.
Now is the question. They didnt changed PNR and Etix number of my original ticket which was in Y. Is it ok or will I have surprise at the airport during my check-in? My friend has checked my reservation using Amadeus and for him all looks fine but i saw above my PNR and etix infromation ticket reconciliation needed. Hmm What Does it mean? Is it not confirmed even SQ send me itinerary proved is confirmed? I dont understand that. I would go to the office and ask them but unfortunately Iam far aways from any civilized airline office
Old Nov 27, 2014, 7:44 pm

Based on previous experience, no new e-ticket was issued for upgrade of cabin using KF.

However, it is a different story for KF redemption ticket. Will need to cancel booking and make a new booking if there is a need to change cabin class.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.