Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

First/Suites Availability Gone Today on SQ Website

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First/Suites Availability Gone Today on SQ Website

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2014, 8:46 pm

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by bigbanana14
Hi everyone,

Am new to the forums but have been flying SQ fairly regularly for the best part of a decade and have been KF gold for 9 years now, with a couple of years in between as PPS.

I usually fly either paid Business or Economy, and have always spent my KF miles on C or F tickets. But with the recent lack of availability for award premium tickets, I'm looking at other options for my KF miles.

I've never done an upgrade using KF miles before. So my question is whether award upgrade tickets (ie. Y to C; C to F) come from the same pool as regular award tickets. If there is greater availability when it comes to upgrade awards, I'm happy to pay for the base ticket and use my miles purely for upgrades instead of pointlessly chasing the proverbial unicorn that is SQ award tickets.
Both upgrades book as I availability, and in theory it should be the same pool. However, I have had experience of full award seats showing available online, but upgrades not clearing. CSRs have told me in the past that there are different pools of availability for the two, and I have been having a go at SQ to stop using the same I fare basis for both
Old Dec 12, 2014, 7:26 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SingaporeDon
Both upgrades book as I availability, and in theory it should be the same pool. However, I have had experience of full award seats showing available online, but upgrades not clearing. CSRs have told me in the past that there are different pools of availability for the two, and I have been having a go at SQ to stop using the same I fare basis for both
managed to get 2 suites saver sq 26 for november 2015

for those looking for sq26 in nov 2015, there are still some availabilities but only on mon/tues or wed departure

EDIT : the availability that I found is for SIN-FRA-JFK

Last edited by TTOTY; Dec 14, 2014 at 4:44 am
Old Dec 13, 2014, 3:38 pm

Programs: UA 1P, AA Gold
Originally Posted by drdrew450
Just put myself on waitlist for 2 people jfk>fra suites class in september 2015, Ill let you know if that does any good.
Does anyone have a success rate percentage of waitlisted on Saver F getting actual F availability? When does the waitlist status change in general -- day of flight?
Old Dec 14, 2014, 3:13 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by TTOTY
managed to get 2 suites saver sq 26 for november 2015

for those looking for sq26 in nov 15, there are still some availabilities but only on mon/tues or wed departure
Both sectors or only one?
Old Dec 14, 2014, 4:43 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by SingaporeDon
Both sectors or only one?
both... SIN-FRA-JFK
Old Dec 14, 2014, 9:36 am

Is there a better way to search than using the singapore site and checking 1 day at a time?

I have an open schedule.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by drdrew450
Is there a better way to search than using the singapore site and checking 1 day at a time?

I have an open schedule.
the only way to check is via SIA website, as they don't release Suites award to other partner airlines.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 3:52 am

Programs: SQ PPS, FB G, EK G, HH G, SW G,
Originally Posted by FruJu
Does anyone have a success rate percentage of waitlisted on Saver F getting actual F availability? When does the waitlist status change in general -- day of flight?
So far 100% success (5/5) but often only 24h before departure. The last one was 60 minutes before departure at the airport
Old Dec 15, 2014, 10:23 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, hyatt GP
Originally Posted by Paulblo
So far 100% success (5/5) but often only 24h before departure. The last one was 60 minutes before departure at the airport
Have you had any luck with waiting list on 1 of the leg? I have lax-sin-cgk. Lax-sin confirmed and sin-cgk still on WL. Dateline to issue ticket 3 days before departures. What should i do?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.