Wiki Posts
Search

Sq 16 connecting to UA

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2014, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Sq 16 connecting to UA

Hello all seniors..
I am lucky to redeem a premium class ticket for sin to sfo on sq16 in coming nov. I also have a connecting flight which I purchased separately from UA website. The domestic connecting flight is 3 hours and 10 mins apart from the arrival of sq 16.

Just have 2 questions.
1. Can I tag my checked in bags all the way to my final destination at changi? So i can re-check in again right after clearing custom.
2. Is 3 hours 10 min enough in most cases to connect a UA flight?, from the seat assignment, I'll probably be the first few out of the plane.

Thank you all for reading..
Old Oct 21, 2014, 10:03 am

Programs: UA/Premier 1K, Bonvoy/Titanium
Sq 16 connecting to UA

quick answers to both questions: yes and yes. Have your UA ticket ready at check-in in Singapore and they will tag your bags through. Immigration will take place at SFO and you will need to retrieve your bags for customs (just bringing them to a nearby belt to put them on again) but 3H 10M should be plenty. Unlike LAX it should all take place in the same terminal. Enjoy your flight.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 10:24 pm
Original Poster

Thank you very much. Appreciate it.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 10:37 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
If you are connecting international to domestic it WILL NOT be in the same terminal, but you can walk from one to the other through an underground passage.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 7:28 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the info. Maybe just one more question, I am traveling on F for sq 16 and book a domestic UA First for connecting flight (understand that domestic UA premium class has no lounge access), will I be able to access the United lounge at SFO if I keep the sq boarding pass?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.