Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IAH-DME vs JFK-FRA in F

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2014, 9:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Maybe you could start your posts by laying out all the info in clear and concise ways instead of things like "my closest airport" and then become defensive like in the LH FCT thread?

You talk about adding on non-SQ legs to SQ bookings which yes you can do, but in your original post you talk about searching on UA for award tickets in F on SQ (something you can't book).

You can't get from IAH to JFK on UA/*A, you'd have to fly into Newark or LGA & then get to JFK. LGA is much closer to JFK so I would even cut it down to like 2.5 hours to be safe.
So instead of overflying you could spend less time traveling and get to fly the SQ suite.

3.5 IAH-EWR
2.5-3.5 LGA/EWR-JFK
7.5 JFK-FRA
13.5-14.5 Hours Total

11.25 IAH-DME
2.50 Layover
3.75 DME-FRA
17.5 Hours Total
Old Oct 15, 2014, 9:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JVPhoto
Maybe you could start your posts by laying out all the info in clear and concise ways instead of things like "my closest airport" and then become defensive like in the LH FCT thread?

You talk about adding on non-SQ legs to SQ bookings which yes you can do, but in your original post you talk about searching on UA for award tickets in F on SQ (something you can't book).

You can't get from IAH to JFK on UA/*A, you'd have to fly into Newark or LGA & then get to JFK. LGA is much closer to JFK so I would even cut it down to like 2.5 hours to be safe.
So instead of overflying you could spend less time traveling and get to fly the SQ suite.

3.5 IAH-EWR
2.5-3.5 LGA/EWR-JFK
7.5 JFK-FRA
13.5-14.5 Hours Total

11.25 IAH-DME
2.50 Layover
3.75 DME-FRA
17.5 Hours Total
Where did I say I was searching for SQ F on UA? I was searching for UA/partner flights to JFK on UA website. And I don`t need to get to IAH just for the sake of getting to EWR.
Please read carefully before lecturing me.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 12:52 am

Programs: UA
Since you don't list what your city is but you want to perhaps change your flight option from IAH-DME to JFK-FRA, it's completely rational that one would read this and assume you're trying to go from IAH or near IAH. And because you're indicating interest in JFK-FRA people are trying to help you get to as close to JFK as possible.

It seems a little odd to ask your second query about United/*A flights to JFK in an SQ forum as the UA forum would likely tell you that UA operates PS service to JFK or the soon to be discontinued (if not already) IAD runs, only. Further, the fact that you don't want to disclose your city would mean very few people could, in fact, help you see if there is award availability to JFK.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 1:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by greatmoosy
Since you don't list what your city is but you want to perhaps change your flight option from IAH-DME to JFK-FRA, it's completely rational that one would read this and assume you're trying to go from IAH or near IAH. And because you're indicating interest in JFK-FRA people are trying to help you get to as close to JFK as possible.

It seems a little odd to ask your second query about United/*A flights to JFK in an SQ forum as the UA forum would likely tell you that UA operates PS service to JFK or the soon to be discontinued (if not already) IAD runs, only. Further, the fact that you don't want to disclose your city would mean very few people could, in fact, help you see if there is award availability to JFK.
In post #4, kohswisscheese has already clearly explained that there would be no UA/partners to JFK since EWR is the hub for UA. How does it matter where would I fly from to JFK if there is no direct options?
Old Oct 16, 2014, 1:20 am

Programs: UA
Correct, kohswisscheese told you that there are no flights from IAH to JFK because s/he also doesn't know where you are flying from and needed to assume. If you were say flying from near LAX or SFO and wanted to get to JFK then it's a completely different story, but we don't have that information. (And since you've been looking on the UA website and haven't found anything, then it's likely neither of those cities).

I have no particular interest or need for you to tell the world where you are flying from but the inherent conclusion that you are flying from/at/near/in-orbit-of IAH is something that people are operating with to try and help you. But then, when people do try to help, you post things such as this:

Originally Posted by Kat007
And I don`t need to get to IAH just for the sake of getting to EWR.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 2:12 am

Programs: TK Elite
Although not widely available, I've seen SQ F occasionally on a partner airline.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 7:03 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Where did I say I was searching for SQ F on UA? I was searching for UA/partner flights to JFK on UA website. And I don`t need to get to IAH just for the sake of getting to EWR.
"I need to get to FRA, but there is no award availability from my city to JFK. Is JFK-FRA significantly better than IAH-DME in F other than the suite concept?
Are there award flights to JFK at all, as I`ve been searching for a year on UA and only saw a seat once-what`s the secret route to JFK on UA or it`s partners?"

You post in the SQ forum about two SQ routes JFK-FRA or IAH-DME in premium cabins and you mention that you've been searching for a year on UA....

Originally Posted by greatmoosy

....aaaand you can see I'm not the only one who thinks you make it sound like you're trying to use UA award to get your SQ flight.

In post #4, kohswisscheese has already clearly explained that there would be no UA/partners to JFK since EWR is the hub for UA. How does it matter where would I fly from to JFK if there is no direct options?
You can fly IAH-LGA & taxi/car to JFK which would be easier than a NRT-HND or ICN-GMP transfer.

You also fail to mention any dates and other pertinent info for help. So when people do try to offer you advice it is best to not be combative like in your other thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...relations.html .

If you are simply looking for award space to get from JFK-FRA that can be easy, IAH-FRA as well.
However, if you are looking for a complex routing with several airports, classes of service, transfers, airlines and backtracking best of luck.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 2:40 pm

Programs: VA Silver, QF FF, Priority Club
I have to say to the OP that the original post was very confusing. My first reading was that OP was trying to book SQ F award with UA miles. This impression was reinforced when I formed the view when OP was most likely originating from IAH.

Yes, it is possible for someone to be a SQ KF member and live in Houston but the probability is higher that they are UA MP.

With respect, OP, the construction of your posts contain a few assumptions that you may have in your head but are not available to other posters trying to offer help.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 9:49 pm

Oh, rechecking would be so much work, so I guess I would have to choose IAH-DME-FRA route and be on planes for a bit longer.
Originally Posted by austin_res
IAH-DME-FRA is more convenient, so that would be my vote. The longer plane ride isn't as big of an issue since you'll be in F - besides, you get more time to enjoy the F product
You must be kidding.

DME to FRA means 3,5 hours on A320 in coach. More convenient than transiting from EWR to JFK?
Old Oct 17, 2014, 1:24 pm

I can't believe anyone would willingly take the DME option just to avoid the cross-NYC taxi ride. This is even before thinking about the JFK VS CH + Suites vs. mediocre IAH lounge + 77W F seat.

And I also can't help but notice the distinctly crappy attitude displayed by the OP. Please learn to be more coherent before dishing out the snappy comments.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SQ325

DME to FRA means 3,5 hours on A320 in coach.
Good point.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 9:17 pm

Good point.
I would also check, how easy transiting on an russian airport is.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 9:10 am

You can only access the Senator/Biz lounges in FRA flying SQ F...but remember from your LH forum thread you were treated like a criminal entering prison during your last FCT visit so I am sure you don't want to go back into there.

I would not advise on transferring between EWR & JFK unless you have an extra 3-6 hours to spare (depending on when you plan to arrive & depart).

But how are you booking this? You mentioned searching on UA for award flights and then gave a semi-rude response when someone mentioned you can't book SQ F with UA miles.

+1.....lol
Old Oct 19, 2014, 9:17 am

You can only access the Senator/Biz lounges in FRA flying SQ F...but remember from your LH forum thread you were treated like a criminal entering prison during your last FCT visit so I am sure you don't want to go back into there.

I would not advise on transferring between EWR & JFK unless you have an extra 3-6 hours to spare (depending on when you plan to arrive & depart).

But how are you booking this? You mentioned searching on UA for award flights and then gave a semi-rude response when someone mentioned you can't book SQ F with UA miles.
He/She is not flying anywhere on SQ F, I call B & S (Briggs & Stratton of course )
Old Oct 19, 2014, 10:41 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
This thread is very confusing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.