Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

book OW award while still accruing for the return?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2014, 11:13 pm
HGF
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP

Hi all,

I found some availability on dates that I like for LAX-SIN in suites, and I would like to book it, but I do not have enough miles for the return yet, so I was thinking about booking LAX-SIN OW to secure a seat and SIN-LAX OW later.

I'm hoping that by the time I accrue the remaining miles, there will still be availability for one of the dates I can come back on. Also, from my understanding, date changes are free, so if there is no more availability when I want to come back, I can simply move my outbound to a different date. Is this a common method people use when trying to book SQ suites? Also, is there any limitations on how many date changes you can do or on how many days you can move it from the original date?
Old Oct 13, 2014, 8:22 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ *G, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite LFT Titanium , Hyatt Discoverist, ALL Diamond
This is a bit of a risky strategy.

I have been on a wait list for a second Suite seat and the cabin was only 3 seats occupied, still SQ did not release the other seats.

This being said, you should be able to get a Standard biz which is slightly more expensive than Suite but for 13,500 miles you have more luck and an additional options.

You should have no issues getting a Y seat on the way back, this is typically easier to score on SQ.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 8:30 am
HGF
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by JohnSIN
This is a bit of a risky strategy.

I have been on a wait list for a second Suite seat and the cabin was only 3 seats occupied, still SQ did not release the other seats.

This being said, you should be able to get a Standard biz which is slightly more expensive than Suite but for 13,500 miles you have more luck and an additional options.

You should have no issues getting a Y seat on the way back, this is typically easier to score on SQ.
The seats aren't waitlisted. They are available, and I do not plan on trying to book a waitlisted seat because of the risks you mentioned. My plan was to book an available seat now for the outbound and if I cannot get an available seat for the return, I would move my outbound to a date where I can book a return as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.