Wiki Posts
Search

Is the SQ FCL @ SIN Open 24 Hours?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2014, 7:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Jeff is Deaf
Is the SQ FCL @ SIN Open 24 Hours?

I am currently booked on UA F (UA896) that leaves SIN at 6 AM. Is the FCL open at that time?

I would be transiting from Singapore C that arrives in the afternoon prior. I wonder if I would be allowed to go town for a couple hours then come back and overnight in the lounge.

Am I correct to assume luggage will be checked through.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 3:56 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by YoungSoloTraveler
I am currently booked on UA F (UA896) that leaves SIN at 6 AM. Is the FCL open at that time?

I would be transiting from Singapore C that arrives in the afternoon prior. I wonder if I would be allowed to go town for a couple hours then come back and overnight in the lounge.

Yes SQ first and business class lounges at SIN are open 24 hours (but not the private room, but you don't have access to this anyway).

As long as you have the UA boarding pass you can go into town and come back any time.

If you don't have the UA boarding pass then visit the transfer before leaving airside to immigration - once landside you'll be stuck there until UA check in counters open a few hours before the flight.

If on a single ticket then checked bags will be through checked. If not then you have the added complication of checked bags waiting for you on the belt at SIN and being unable to check them in until UA check in opens.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 4:14 am

Programs: SQ KrisFlyer Elite Gold
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
If on a single ticket then checked bags will be through checked. If not then you have the added complication of checked bags waiting for you on the belt at SIN and being unable to check them in until UA check in opens.
Depending on the airline and and the check-in staff at your departure airport, you may also be able to check your bags through even if your flights are on separate tickets.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 10:42 am

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP

The lounge is 24 hours, but you will likely have difficulty getting back airside once you go landslide. All UA flights exSIN have enhanced security measures where your passport must be checked and you are asked some security questions prior to getting your boarding pass. You might have some luck getting into the SQ lounge with an itinerary but I am not 100% sure.

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Yes SQ first and business class lounges at SIN are open 24 hours (but not the private room, but you don't have access to this anyway).

As long as you have the UA boarding pass you can go into town and come back any time.

If you don't have the UA boarding pass then visit the transfer before leaving airside to immigration - once landside you'll be stuck there until UA check in counters open a few hours before the flight.

The transfer desk for UA doesn't opens between 3-3:30 AM if i recall correctly.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 1:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kluau88
The lounge is 24 hours, but you will likely have difficulty getting back airside once you go landslide. All UA flights exSIN have enhanced security measures where your passport must be checked and you are asked some security questions prior to getting your boarding pass. You might have some luck getting into the SQ lounge with an itinerary but I am not 100% sure.

The transfer desk for UA doesn't opens between 3-3:30 AM if i recall correctly.
well that's a bit surprising. Will the luggage at least go through? I am content on just exploring the airport and trying to convince my way in, hopefully arriving on SQ C will make it a bit easier. Don't know if the SQ agents in MNL could issue me a lounge pass or do something about the luggage.

If all fails, just wander around and book a room in the transit hotel.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 4:33 am

Programs: SQ KrisFlyer Elite Gold
well that's a bit surprising. Will the luggage at least go through? I am content on just exploring the airport and trying to convince my way in, hopefully arriving on SQ C will make it a bit easier. Don't know if the SQ agents in MNL could issue me a lounge pass or do something about the luggage.

If all fails, just wander around and book a room in the transit hotel.
I've had SQ check-in staff at MNL check my bags through to a flight on another ticket before, so you may be able to get them to do the same for you.

Be sure to check with a UA transfer desk/check-in/gate agent that your bags made it to the UA flight, though.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 3:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chisquared
I've had SQ check-in staff at MNL check my bags through to a flight on another ticket before, so you may be able to get them to do the same for you.

Be sure to check with a UA transfer desk/check-in/gate agent that your bags made it to the UA flight, though.
Confirmed! The manila agent just gave me a boarding pass for the flight onward. Worked at the FCL, however upon boarding the UA agent re-issued a ticket on the spot. Was kind enough to move a non-rev out of the window seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.