Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Heathrow Terminal 2 Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2015, 12:44 am

Originally Posted by Silver Fox
Does anyone know why it is taking so long in this day and age? After all on Sept 18th it was going through the "finishing touches" !
No idea. But it has been more than 6 months since SQ moved to T2.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 7:34 am

It's as though they're thinking "If we don't open the lounge and don't give any updates, maybe people will forget that we were supposed to be opening this lounge".

This silent and extended delay is quite unusual - something must have really gone wrong.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 9:22 pm

Programs: SQ Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Lounge was open on 8th April
Old Apr 9, 2015, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by UK_Ship
That's good news!
Old Apr 10, 2015, 1:47 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, BA Silver, HHonors Diamond
To confirm the SQ lounge at T2 is now open. Any pics or reviews?
Old Apr 10, 2015, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
You would think there would be an announcement somewhere.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by Silver Fox
You would think there would be an announcement somewhere.
My guess is that it is a soft launch. They probably want to test out some features or tweak some procedures before making the formal announcement.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 8:16 am

I'm sitting in the SQ lounge right now. As business lounges go (no expert here), I quite like this one.

They didn't seem to want me to take pictures, but I snapped some pics around the place and I'll be uploading them in a bit. But overall, this is my favorite of the three lounges around here (SQ, UA, AC).

There is a good amount of seating. It feels bigger than the AC lounge. They have a lot of standard leather chairs and side tables like every lounge has, complete with AC and USB power outlets. But they also have a half dozen or so semi-enclosed "pods" that have a laptop tray and personal lighting. They were pretty comfortable.

The food that I had (asian noodles with shrimp dumpling and chicken broth) was decent. The chicken tikka masala and some of the other options looked like they would have been better. I did have a little tub of their singapore sling ice cream (nonalcoholic, I believe). Tasted like cherry.

They have a pretty well stocked bar, with a number of cocktail options: Singapore Sling, Ginger Mojito, Brandy Alexander, Cucumber Cup, Rusty Nail, Banana Daquiri, and Apple & Kiwi Cooler. Tiger beer on tap.

I ran a speed test on the wifi, and I was getting about 25 Mbps down and 20 Mbps up. Though the lounge is dead empty right now, so I'm sure that makes a difference.

The shower stalls are nice. They're (unsurprisingly) very clean, but they have a good design and smell nice. I didn't have to get a key or anything--just walked in.

Oh, the lounge also has a little section for the kids, with a few toys and the TV tuned to BBC Kids (or something like that). I thought that was a nice touch.

Overall, I give it solid marks.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 4:26 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, BA Silver, HHonors Diamond
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MarcusBWI
I'm sitting in the SQ lounge right now. As business lounges go (no expert here), I quite like this one.

They didn't seem to want me to take pictures, but I snapped some pics around the place and I'll be uploading them in a bit. But overall, this is my favorite of the three lounges around here (SQ, UA, AC).

There is a good amount of seating. It feels bigger than the AC lounge. They have a lot of standard leather chairs and side tables like every lounge has, complete with AC and USB power outlets. But they also have a half dozen or so semi-enclosed "pods" that have a laptop tray and personal lighting. They were pretty comfortable.

The food that I had (asian noodles with shrimp dumpling and chicken broth) was decent. The chicken tikka masala and some of the other options looked like they would have been better. I did have a little tub of their singapore sling ice cream (nonalcoholic, I believe). Tasted like cherry.

They have a pretty well stocked bar, with a number of cocktail options: Singapore Sling, Ginger Mojito, Brandy Alexander, Cucumber Cup, Rusty Nail, Banana Daquiri, and Apple & Kiwi Cooler. Tiger beer on tap.

I ran a speed test on the wifi, and I was getting about 25 Mbps down and 20 Mbps up. Though the lounge is dead empty right now, so I'm sure that makes a difference.

The shower stalls are nice. They're (unsurprisingly) very clean, but they have a good design and smell nice. I didn't have to get a key or anything--just walked in.

Oh, the lounge also has a little section for the kids, with a few toys and the TV tuned to BBC Kids (or something like that). I thought that was a nice touch.

Overall, I give it solid marks.
Thanks for the review - great stuff! Any pictures?
Old Apr 12, 2015, 4:56 am

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
Looking forward to dropping by during my this week. thanks for the update.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 1:03 am

Programs: Shiny metal ones that go clink.
Good looking lounge.

A few pictures are at lux-traveller from the opening day.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 9:18 am
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Now on SQ website , along with write up in PPS Club news April / May

Last edited by FlyerEC; Apr 14, 2015 at 9:28 am
Old Apr 14, 2015, 11:15 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
The lounge is quite nice. Long trek from A, but I had a few hours to kill and the LH lounge was totally overcrowded.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
I love this:

up until now passengers have had to put up with the United Club offering.
I will put up with that any day !
Old May 9, 2015, 5:40 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
Some pictures

I had some time to kill before my Zurich flight so I decided to do some lounge crawling. The lounge is indeed impressive, not so much in size but that's not usually the goal anyway. Has a good spread of Asian food, and non-Asian deserts. As someone who has to avoid gluten, I was happy to see that almost each food item was clearly labeled with a list of allergens. For a specific desert I wasn't sure of, the crew went to ask the chef, just in case. There is also a well stocked full service bar, and while the United Club takes to lead with its cocktails menu, I did enjoy my Singapore Sling before moving on to the next lounge. There is also a small play area for babies. The lounge also has showers and which I didn't try and those personal work pods which seem very well designed. A couple of other areas which it still falls short of the United Club are the lack of U.S/European power outlets (only U.K/Singapore outlets and USB ports are provided), and the restroom which are no match for those restroom suites that the United Club offers.
P.S - The walk from the A gates escalators to top the B gates escalators took me about 5 minutes of rapid walk over the moving walkway, but keep in mind that if you need to go back to the A gates, the moving walkway is in the opposite direction. Unlike I assumed, the Zurich flight eventually did take off from the B gates, so the walk wasn't a waste.

And now for the images:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.