Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Heathrow Terminal 2 Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2014, 10:25 am

At moment the SilverKris Lounge is not yet open, other arrangements have been made for passengers travelling on SQ317/SQ305 they are able to use the Plaza Premium and for passengers travelling on SQ319/SQ321 are able to use either the AC or UA lounge.

Passengers travelling in Suites/First Class are able to use the United Global First Lounge for all flights. The UA Global First lounge closes at 1800.

If you have any other questions, I will try and answer.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 10:27 am

Also if passengers travelling in Suites/First Class/Business Class are able to access any Star Alliance lounge as detailed in the Star Alliance access policy.

http://www.staralliance.com/en/benef...access-policy/
Old Nov 25, 2014, 1:57 pm

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
When are the lounges scheduled to open please?

It is very disorganised of SQ not to have their lounges ready.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 2:56 pm

Programs: VS/BA/CX/EK
Originally Posted by Silver_Kris
Passengers travelling in Suites/First Class are able to use the United Global First Lounge for all flights. The UA Global First lounge closes at 1800.
Given the timing of the SQ321, this presumably means that Suites pax on this flight essentially have to use the J lounges? A first world problem, sure, but not exactly in keeping with the Suites product.

BC
Old Nov 25, 2014, 5:08 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by tom139
When are the lounges scheduled to open please?

It is very disorganised of SQ not to have their lounges ready.
Opening info in earlier posts .

It has to do with LHR policies / restrictions which has hampered the opening
Same with other SKLs at other airports .
Thankfully , HKG has finally re opened & hear it is much better
My Nov HK trip was aborted but perhaps can still make it in Dec ..
Hopefully , the LHR SKL will top HKG ' s .
Old Dec 6, 2014, 4:52 am

Any update on when the lounge will be open?

Also, does anyone with experience of T2 have a preference for any one of the other Star Alliance lounges? Seems there's a choice of AC, UA and LH. Particularly interested on which might be better for food.
Old Dec 6, 2014, 5:06 am

Programs: SQ KrisFlyer Elite Gold
I comment on the different T2 Star Alliance lounges here.

In particular, the food seems to be best at the LH Senator Lounge. It's also the most likely to be crowded at any given time of the day, however.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 1:59 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, AA EXP, UA 1K
Was in T2 on Friday; SIN Kris lounge still closed and pax being sent to LH lounge(s)

Had a few hours and decided to visit all three- LH was nice but sterile/cold (was shortly after 530am FWIW), AC had great hot waffles, UA club was biggest by far but completely *packed* from 8am to ~1130am when I departed. Fantastic showers, though.

That said, my opinion:
Food: LH or AC (al had same food for breakfast, except for AC waffles)
Quiet: LH (can only speak to early AM but it was def tranquil)
Shower/freshen up: UA club

Originally Posted by chisquared
I comment on the different T2 Star Alliance lounges here.

In particular, the food seems to be best at the LH Senator Lounge. It's also the most likely to be crowded at any given time of the day, however.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 2:50 pm

Was on SQ321 and as of Dec 16, SQ lounge is still close with opening estimated to be in 2015 to merge all Star Alliance flights in T2. Was given a print out by check in agent that J pax were entitled to use Premium Lounge and other Star Alliance lounges (Air Canada, UA and LH). LH lounge did not seem to have any showers though food was of excellent quality despite sparse offerings. AC had showers which I used after a ~10 minutes wait. Occupied at time of entrance into lounge. Food quality and variety there was nothing to write home to. Sadly, did not have time to sample UA lounge after shower :/

Must be the timing but both lounges were very quiet.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 3:30 pm

Programs: VS/BA/CX/EK
Decent cocktails and reasonable food at the UA lounge. See my trip report for the SQ321 here.

BC
Old Jan 2, 2015, 2:14 am

Programs: BA Silver
Does anyone know what is the latest on the lounge opening? Flying out next week and wondering if it is already opened? Thanks
Old Jan 2, 2015, 2:46 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Flying out next week and wondering if it is already opened? Thanks
Of course! The SQ lounge has not opened.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 5:36 am

Hi

I am a *A Gold member (United) and am flying SQ319 (Economy) on Jan 25th.

1) Any chance the lounge will be ready then?
2) If not I assume as *A Gold I will be offered an alternative?
3) I am traveling with 2 colleagues who have no status, I think I am entitled to sign one in to a lounge as a guest - what are the chances of getting them both in (or do I need to ask them to toss a coin)?
Old Jan 7, 2015, 2:58 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
1) Any chance the lounge will be ready then?
Of course, the lounge wont be open then.

2) If not I assume as *A Gold I will be offered an alternative?
You may use Lufthansa and United lounges in Terminal 2; however, I might so sure whether these lounges will be open then.

3) I am traveling with 2 colleagues who have no status, I think I am entitled to sign one in to a lounge as a guest - what are the chances of getting them both in (or do I need to ask them to toss a coin)?
You can ask some single travellers nicely in front of the lounge (outside of the view of the dragons), if they are willing to guest in your 3rd colleague. This usually works well.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 3:55 am

Programs: SQ KrisFlyer Elite Gold
Originally Posted by warakorn
You may use Lufthansa and United lounges in Terminal 2; however, I might so sure whether these lounges will be open then.
There's also the AC Maple Leaf lounge. Last I checked, all three lounges close at around the time you need to board SQ's last flight for the day.

Last edited by chisquared; Jan 7, 2015 at 7:42 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.