Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why doesn't SQ serve bottled water in Y?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2014, 9:50 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by mitwg
..We collected samples not only from lavatory taps but also from the galley. The reason: Though most airlines insist they serve only bottled water, flight attendant unions told us they use galley water when bottled runs out. In all but two of the cases, bacteria levels exceeded the maximum level the federal government allows in municipal drinking water..
Journalism at its worst once more. Of course the water would be filthy of they collected it from the lavatory ... what trivial and cheap sensationalism!

So they choose to believe some hearsay from a club tuned against the airlines anyway (unions) and then measure at the wrong spot.

I call BS on that one: unionised FAs don't bother if the water runs out, the pax are merely out of luck. And on more stylish carriers the water won't run out very often.

I was on an LX flight when it ran out and they had serious reservations to tell me that we are out of H2O.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by anaidross
But I sincerely doubt the water comes from the same source as that from lavatory. SQ even puts a sign stating that the water is not portable in their bathroom.
Of course they don't. They simply use bland gas free mineral water. I don't particularly like it but it is certainly clean.
Originally Posted by SQ325
Pretty easy to get. (Almost) Every supermarket has a selection of different mostly european brands of sparkling water and if they dont have it there is soda water. The price is a different thing.
No!
Where I live. I have a Cold Storage and a Fair Price just around the corner and both do not stock bubbly mineral water.

And yes, if you visit a larger store, you pay less for sprits in the US than for fizzy water in Singa .
Old Sep 17, 2014, 11:48 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Originally Posted by planetshakers
SQ should serve NEWater, cleanest water in SG.

Love the taste

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NEWater
From sewage to bottled drinking water, interesting. I wonder if they will serve it in suites, with a nice label on the back explaining the entire production process from... *ahem*... "the source"... to the final product.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 3:44 pm

Programs: ROP Gold
Originally Posted by LY777
No. I saw them filling it up from a tap in the galley
Originally Posted by fanofmumbai
It is tap water. I'm sorry to say this, because I love SQ, but the water they serve in Y isn't drinkable, it tastes so bad .
Originally Posted by weero
Of course they don't. They simply use bland gas free mineral water. I don't particularly like it but it is certainly clean.
LY777 and fanofmumbai say the water from the tap, i.e. not mineral water but filtered tap water, is being served in Y. And weero says it is mineral water.

Who is correct now?

Singa .
For goodness sake, for the 10th time, the country is called "Singapore" and the correct abbreviation is "S'pore". Can you please show some respect and get this right?

Last edited by anaidross; Sep 17, 2014 at 4:46 pm
Old Sep 17, 2014, 6:53 pm

No!
Where I live. I have a Cold Storage and a Fair Price just around the corner and both do not stock bubbly mineral water.
You seem to live at a very odd location

I usually buy from FairPrice and they deliver it to my home. There is no supermarket near my place which doesnt have at least 3 different brands of bubble water.

The only thing i cant adapt to, is water without bubbles.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by anaidross
LY777 and fanofmumbai say the water from the tap, i.e. not mineral water but filtered tap water, is being served in Y. And weero says it is mineral water.

Who is correct now?
The taste of chlorine suggests to me its tap water.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 7:38 pm

The taste of chlorine suggests to me its tap water.
It does not taste of chlorine.

Only ex PRC where they pack these pretty elongated ice cubes.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 1:21 am

No!
So where exactly do you live? Tell us which is your neighbourhood CS and FP and we'll find the sparkling water or soda water for u....
Old Sep 18, 2014, 1:43 am

At least SQ doesn't charge extra for chilled water
Old Sep 18, 2014, 1:47 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by aster
From sewage to bottled drinking water, interesting. I wonder if they will serve it in suites, with a nice label on the back explaining the entire production process from... *ahem*... "the source"... to the final product.
From what I know Reverse Osmosis process will give you 100% pure H20. The same technique used by NASA to supply their spaceman water from their urine.

Anyway, how you are sure that the water you drink not come from any form of sewage?
Old Sep 18, 2014, 2:51 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Originally Posted by lingua101
From what I know Reverse Osmosis process will give you 100% pure H20. The same technique used by NASA to supply their spaceman water from their urine.

Anyway, how you are sure that the water you drink not come from any form of sewage?
Easy. Bottled water >>> mineral water >>> bottled at source.

As for tap water, who knows...
Old Sep 19, 2014, 8:00 am

.... but I hate to dig the car out to get my hands water for crying out loud.
...what would be a logic thing to do if you want to by bottled water. Or you buy one-by-one bottle?
Old Sep 20, 2014, 9:44 am

...what would be a logic thing to do if you want to by bottled water. Or you buy one-by-one bottle?
No.

But with the prices here, I can't afford to buy more than 12 and I am not yet that frail.

I can quite easily fit 4x24 coke cans on the motorbike but 2x6 bottles is a balancing challenge.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 8:00 am

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
This thread was getting OT and personal. I deleted a few posts, and am closing this thread.

cxfan1960
SQ Mod

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.