Wiki Posts
Search

MM vs KF for SQ Redemption

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2014, 1:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: KF PPS, MM FT
MM vs KF for SQ Redemption

I am really curious to try to understand how this is remotely possible...I was looking to book two business class seats from SIN-HND and returning NRT-SIN in Jan/15 with my Krisflyer miles and PPS status. After checking with SQ, no options available on saver flights (only on standard) but to waitlist. Then I rang Miles&More with my frequent traveller status and managed to book the seats I wanted, for mileage equivalent to a saver ticket (68k for Saver on KF vs 70k with MM) and no issues whatsoever.

So, how on earth is it possible that is it much, MUCH easier to book award tickets flying SQ metal with my FT MM status than it is with my PPS SQ?

SQ is doing a great job in pushing their frequent clients away from them...
Old Sep 10, 2014, 5:46 am

The availability for Starnet (i.e. other Star airlines) do not always match availability for SQ's own members. Very often, you will get flights which are available for KF but not for other Star, and equally (but much less often) you will get flights which are available on Starnet but not on KF miles.

I'm sure that the second case (not avail for KF but avail on Starnet) is more of a system anomaly than result of any deliberate action.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 7:46 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by Loalq
.I was looking to book two business class seats from SIN-HND and returning NRT-SIN in Jan/15 with my Krisflyer miles and PPS status. Then I rang Miles&More with my frequent traveller status and managed to book the seats I wanted, for mileage equivalent to a saver ticket (68k for Saver on KF vs 70k with MM) and no issues whatsoever.

So, how on earth is it possible that is it much, MUCH easier to book award tickets flying SQ metal with my FT MM status than it is with my PPS SQ?
I don't think getting the award seats on SQ using MM miles versus not getting them using SQ KF miles has got anything to do with your status with either.

Status only comes into play if you are wait-listed and status may get you ff the wait-list in priority to someone without status, but status is no help when you are looking for award seats in the first place.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.