Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Possible to trade Krisflyer Miles for Aeroplan (Air Canada)?

Old Sep 10, 2014, 12:12 am
Original Poster

Hi there, I have searched this forum and also points.com, but have come up empty. Does anyone know whether it is possible to trade Krisflyer Miles (from Singapore Airlines) to Aeroplan (Air Canada) ones? The reason is that we want to book a family trip from SIN-LHR, but the fees and surcharges for SQ are nearly THREE TIMES what Air Canada charges!!! Is there a trading platform or individuals that can do this? Thanks!
Old Sep 10, 2014, 12:30 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
In short - NO. You cannot transfer your miles from KF to any other program. Once in KF they cannot be moved out. Yes taxes + YQ levied by SQ are high (none of us here likes it, but SQ is not alone in running this YQ extortion racket), but availability for SQ flights using KF miles will also be better. With Aeroplan you may or may not be able to secure 3 seats for your trip on SQ. So cost is higher, but there could still be an upside.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 1:00 am

Programs: BW Diamond, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, M&C Gold
Not possible to trade, unless its with other people on points.com at a very poor value.

Also, using aeroplan to get SIN-LHR on SQ is next to impossible on business class, as A380 and 77W are all blocked. Economy might be possible for 1-2 pax, and for 3 pax, you have better chance of winning TOTO.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.